“A great religious experience!!!!!”

Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Ranked #15 of 428 things to do in Washington DC
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great religious experience!!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've visited this shrine before, but didn't think back then to write a Tripadvisor review about it. I'm a lifelong Catholic, and have a deep devotion to Mary, Mother of Jesus. This shrine is one big honor to Mary, and of course, to Jesus, and God the Father. I LOVE their gift shop and bookstore. If you're Catholic, and even if you are not, still, this is a great place to feel the love and presence of God.

1 Thank elcentro1

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Soothing & beautiful”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was first here during a high school trip many years ago. It left an impression and I was happy to take the Metro and a walk to find it again. It is a place to sit and let your heart rest a bit after the craziness of being a tourist in a busy city.

After traveling in Europe, it is nice to have this piece of architecture available to make me reflect on many years of spirituality.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MurryG08
New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Beautiful Church”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We didn't realize how long we would be there. We had a guided tour for about 1 1/2 hours then went to 5:15pm mass. The tour was great. Sal really knows the Basilica. The church is beautiful. My kids loved seeing the chapels of the different countries. Truly beautiful. While we were there they were giving tours of the tower. They were only doing it for that weekend. It was lovely. I would not miss this.

1 Thank ChrisK29
Mumbai (Bombay), India
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Visit the Holy Land in the District”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to visit the replicas of the sites of the Holy Land especially Bethelem, Nazareth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and Mary's grotto. I could recollect my trip to these places around ten years ago. I could also get some holy water. A must for all visitors to DC.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ismailbandook
Wheaton, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful church”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We decided to attend Sunday Mass here since it was so highly reviewed in Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. This church is comparable to those we have visited in Europe. It is a little off the beaten path and requires a cab or bus ride. We were staying in downtown DC. After Mass and looking around, it took about 20 minutes for us to flag down a cab. It was worth it though, to attend such a lovely service in such beautiful surroundings.

1 Thank KTWriting

Travelers who viewed Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception also viewed

Been to Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception? Share your experiences!