“A trip for the cookies is worth the visit!”

Potbelly Sandwich Works
Order Online
Ranked #393 of 3,874 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 10, 2018

A fast, friendly, readily available eatery when you're on the go, or have plenty of time. This one is located just before you reach The Wharf District, and I love it. There is sometimes a line, but they keep it moving by having someone take your order while in line to speed the process. I see friendly faces behind the counter and they remember you and make a positive impression. Whether it's a soup, sandwich, or salad, you won't be disappointed. Did I mention milkshakes? Or cookies? Not sure if it is marketing or packaging, but I thought buying a package of 12 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies would satisfy my craving and leave some for the next day or so...didn't happen. If I don't want to eat there several days in a row, I go there first and buy my cookie, and then go to another restaurant...just for variety...and have my cookie for dessert. Fresh ingredients, good prices, and FABULOUS cookies. Don't take my word for it. You'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 28, 2018

great food, great service. All freshly made and to your own requirements. Only other thing to say would be if your in Washington and you need a quick sandwich at a great price, then call in

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

For me, the place is as important as the food and service. This place is cute, has good, fast and healthy food! There are options of combination of sandwich and soup or salad ( which I love). Everything delicious. The service was fast and friendly! I recommend it!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Not a bad place to stop and get a sandwich, pretty good sized sandwiches, and good items to pick from.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We hit this spot prior to heading to the Bible museum and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food really was ! There a variety of sandwich options, a few salads, sides and sweet treats. Located right next to a metro station also. Popular with the lunch crowd from all the surrounding offices but the service is efficient and expedient so the line moves fast.

Date of visit: January 2018