“Beautiful hotel and great staff”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #12 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane Australia
“Beautiful hotel and great staff”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights on holidays and I was really happy with my stay. The hotel really goes out of its way at Christmas to give its guests a real holiday feel to it. We had the base room which was very roomy and had a good size bathroom.

I am a fairmont presidents club member which entitled us to free internet acdess which was good.

It looks like floor 6 of this hotel is undergoing renovations or something. We were on floor 7 so when we looked out our window we could see that the rooms on floor 6 were all blocked up at the windows. This didn't bother us until from about 6am we were woken to banging hammers and drills.

The hotel is in a good location but after seeing DC, I think there are better locations to stay. There is not much around this hotel in the way of restaurants and shops but a 10-15 minute walk away there is plenty to do. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you can get a good price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 18, 2010

The hotel is elegant and the service meets the expected standards.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the salons and restaurants comfortable. Roomy and bright.
(we had some issues with hot water, but it was addressed I trust as quickly as possible, and appropriate apologies presented).
I heard the gym and swimming pool are nice but could not make time for it.
The busines center is rather standard to what such hotels propose. It was roomy, flexible, efficient.

It is in walking distance to many tourists spots (Germantown, white house, etc.), if you like walking.

Breakfast in restaurant - I found it too expensive, service way too slow and not amiable. I found waiters had an attitude...

On the pratical side: Starbucks across the street, CVS a few 100-meters away.

I recommend for a business event or a romantic stay. And why not a family stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2010

After my previous stay @ the fairmont dc in late Feb, 2010, i was rewarded with a 2 night free stay @ the fairmont DC, to makeup for my unhappy experience. I received great, close to excellent service, I arrived at the hotel around 9am, my luggage was stored and cell # taken inorder for the front desk to call me when a room was available. i was comp. upgraded to a corner "deluxe" room. The first night there, comp. fruit, and pastry platter was delivered to my room. The next day Ms. Angie Clifton called me to make sure everything was fine. I was in DC for the CBC convention, but there was also a wedding, pharmaceutical &cop conference going on so the hotel was filled to capacity. the staff was attentive, the only problem i had was that when I came in Feb. i was told they didn't have a driver for the house car, for premier president club members and I was given this same excuse again in Sept. I stayed a total of 4 nights and enjoyed my stay. House keeping was great and friendly.

The hotel is located in georgetown near a medical college, its a about a 10 block walk to the train and a block away from a bus stop. There's a trader joes near the hotel and cvs pharmacy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This was one of the nicer hotels that I've stayed in while traveling for business - I would definitely consider it for a stay with my family in the future. Food was excellent, and the room was spacious and well laid out. Service was very good, better than at other Fairmonts I have stayed in. Wireless internet worked fine, conference rooms and facilities without fault. The location may not be as central to attractions as some other hotels like the Sofitel, but that was not an issue for me on this trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
It was very thoughtful of you to take time to share your recent experience at The Fairmont Washington, D.C. We look forward your next stay with your family.
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont last October to attend the Rally To Restore Sanity, and, to my surprise and pleasure, were joined by Steven Colbert and his entourage! (a little shorter than I would have expected...)

Nothing undersized about the hotel, however. A major renovation is winding down, but all the public spaces have been completed and one would never know the work was going on. The staff is young, vibrant and very attentive --- not a single stuffed shirt. Our room was well-appointed, bed was very comfortable (firm mattress) and the down comforter and bathrobes made us feel very special. Recommend getting a room facing the inner courtyard, especially on the lower floors. We only dined for breakfast, which was slightly above average (they do offer a unattended daily breakfast buffet).

A short walk from the hotel to Georgetown for shopping and eating, and a slightly longer walk to the Metro station for sightseeing. A little out of the way for heavy sightseeing (the Mall is six or seven stops away on the Metro), but perfect for a leisurely DC visit that includes a lot of time in Georgetown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
It sounds like you really had a great time at the Rally. Thank you for staying with us. Please come back and visit. We appreciate you thoughful comments.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I spent four nights at the Fairmont recently. The room was gorgeous and immaculate. The staff are very friendly and attentive, and the feeling is just luxurious. I never heard noise from the hall or noise from HVAC systems. The location is close to the Mall, Georgetown and the White House. Easy to get to the metro and there are many good restaurants and a Trader JOe's close by. I even got a great rate. My favorite DC hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Fairmont. We hope you will come visit again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Once again, the Fairmont in Washington, DC proved to be the perfect choice for friends and family. The staff was friendly and attentive. Brunch at the hotel was a treat....convenient and delicious. The Health Club is surprisingly large for a city property which includes a pool, equipment and exercise classes. This hotel always seems to be my go to place for those coming to visit. Great location, close to shopping and Metro.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
It was great to here about your return visit to The Fairmont. Our Sunday Brunch is something our culinary team is very proud of, so it's nice to hear how much you enjoyed it.
Thank you, and come back soon.

Diana