To people who enjoy a beautiful hotel, this hotel is for you. It is absolutely beautiful and first class in that sense. The common areas were gorgeous and the room my wife and I had was large and well appointed.
That said, we were VERY disappointed with the service at the hotel. We left with the impression that the employees were ill trained. Problems with the restaurant-- slow service although it was not busy. Problems with the concierge-- unable to give good restaurant recommendations in Georgetown. Problems with the lobby staff-- again just very slow when not busy. We had to pay for use of the business center-- we are premier members of the President's Club and have never before paid for that service. Finally, to get one extra hour for a late check out, we were told it was impossible without paying for half a day. The excuse was that DC's normal check out is 11:00am and the hotel offers everyone a complementary late check out of 1:00pm, therefore, we were already given a late check out. I failed to understand that logic because if everyone is given a complementary late check out of 1pm, then don't you have a de facto check out of 1pm?
All in all, we were not made to feel special at this hotel. Now, not that "feeling special" is absolutely necessary at a hotel, but that is how we were made to feel in past stays at the Fairmont and we expected the same in DC. I doubt we will stay at the DC Fairmont in future trips.
I should also say that our room rate was AMAZING. With a Club upgrade we got a beautiful room for cheap. So, with that said, maybe we got what we paid for in this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont