I came to this hotel with a group holding a convention here. Never would have been able to afford it without the group rate we received. The hotel was very clean and polished. It was definitely one of the finer hotels I had ever stayed in. The rooms were cleaned perfectly each day and it always was made to feel fresh and new. The staff was always friendly and willing to help. Great shower and large towels. The air conditioning in the rooms can get downright cold, which was great to me!
My warning to anyone traveling here is in relation to a $100 hold per day that they put on your credit card. This was never stated to me by anyone at the hotel, neither when making my reservation or in a confirmation email. Another member of my group pointed this out to me before my arrival. I called them before arriving and was assured that they would only charge the hold for incidentals up front and then the cost of the room at the end. To be sure I called another time and was told the same information. Upon arriving however, I was told a different story. The host at the desk told me that it was hotel policy to hold $100 per night plus the room cost up front...not what I was told. Since I don't travel with credit of that amount, this was a problem. They worked with me and only took a hold for incidentals for 2 nights but the stress of the situation was not appreciated.
My only other issue is that the facade of the hotel is currently undergoing renovation. During the morning and afternoon hours your room can be filled with the sound of jackhammers and other tools right outside your window. Not what you want to hear when trying to nap after a long day of travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont