First impression of the hotel when you pull up, is the building, it is absolutely gorgeous! Check in was easy and stress-free, we are members of their Presidents Club (free to sign up!) and you get dedicated check in, we were greeted with a lovely smile, which is sometimes all you need after a long flight from the UK. Our room was just a standard room, we didn't see the need to upgrade as we didn't plan on spending any of our time in the room as we had too much planned! The room was perfect, good size for a weekend away.
Now, at this point, I need to point out, we were in DC on the 2nd October, which was when the government shutdown was on. We were a little apprehensive, as we had this planned as a city break to see all the sites, not a relaxing break, and seeing asthough nearly everything in DC was affected by the shutdown, the staff were super helpful giving us tips on things to do, and places to go which weren't affected.
We were also there during a heatwave! It was early October, and it was about 35 degrees c, which in a city is HOT! The staff were great. Room was great. Hotel was great. If I had to nitpick in order to find a fault, there would be only 1, and it wasn't even that notice-able for us, as we were at the end of a corridor, but you could hear what was going on outside. So my only piece of advice, is ask for a room at the end of a corridor. I can imagine that if you were by a lift, it could be a little noisy.
Also - Sign up for the Presidents Club, it means you get free wifi!
Thank you to the hotel for a lovely stay, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont