“Favorite conference hotel”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stay here once or twice a year for a conference, and this hotel is always great. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, as is the whole building. The lobby and lounge areas are full of light and there is clean comfortable seating all over. One thing I have noticed over the last few years of staying here is that the staff in all areas of the hotel is phenomenal. The wait staff are unbeatable - they must not have much turnover because I've had some of the same waiters and bartenders at conference events for a few years and they are funny, polite, completely attentive, and always friendly. The hotel is convenient to a lot of great dining options as well.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you kindly Alexis H! We are honored to be your favorite conference hotel and appreciate your continued loyalty. We hope your conference continues for many years!

You are absolutely right about the low turnover rates. Some members of our team have been here for 25+ years! We love celebrating their service commitment.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Clean, quiet room. Excellent and professional staff. Bar food was great. Room service was great. Literally nothing went wrong. Very much liked the ability to open the small balcony door and get fresh air.

1  Thank iwmacswa
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you kindly sophub! It is wonderful to hear that you would recommend our hotel to everyone. That is quite a compliment.

We are honored that you chose the Fairmont for your weekend retreat and couldn’t be happier with your experience. You are absolutely right about the location and quality of the food. We apologize for the cost of parking—one of the downsides to the excellent location that hotels in this area enjoy is the premium for parking spaces. For your next visit, we encourage you to look at our “Eat, Park and Go” offer which includes complimentary breakfast and parking.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel while attending business at DC... My stay was unforgettable... The location of the hotel is very convenient and central... The design and decor of the hotel gives you this warm and luxurious feeling... The lobby is my favorite place... Dining at the lounge is a must... Staff are very friendly, especially the lounge bartender (Jaouad)... The only negative aspect was the small and clumsy gym located at the basement... I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you very much bu_motaz! It sounds like you did indeed have a very pleasant stay and we couldn’t be happier.

We especially appreciate your compliments toward our team and are grateful to you for noting their excellence. Jaouad and our team amaze us each and every day.

Our apologies for your disappointment with the gym. It sounds like you were in the 24-hour fitness center on the Ballroom level. Before your next visit, we encourage you to sign up for Fairmont President’s Club. It grants you complimentary access to the amazing Balance Gym on our Mezzanine level.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairmont in order to attend a meeting. From my arrival until my departure, the experience was wonderful. The staff were friendly, efficient, and helpful. My room had everything I needed to both be comfortable and to do some work as needed. The Keurig and the bath amenities are nice touches! I had dinner at Juniper and lunch at the lounge. Both meals met my expectations and more (delicious, and a nice selection with various dietary themes available), and again the staff were fantastic. While I was there for business, it was also a special day for me, and I probably enjoyed myself more thanks to the Fairmont staff than I would have had I been at home. I wish that I could have stayed for more than one night, and I look forward to staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much fellow_traveler_75! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are glad that you had such an excellent stay.

Hearing that a special day was made better by our team is like music to our ears. Celebrating special occasions is one of the things our team does best; it sounds like your business trip coincided with an excellent time to visit!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

A decent hotel, but nothing particularly special. My room was clean, but the curtains didn't open easily, so it was very dark. It was nice to have the meeting rooms in the hotel, but attention to detail in these rooms was somewhat lacking. We had trouble getting the temperature adjusted and the AV needs attended to. The staff was very helpful in general, but there appears to be limited communication between the front desk and the valet, despite the fact that they are only steps from each other. Thus, it was hard to get a visitor's parking charge added to my room bill.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking 24th Street can be loud - ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review LAMarathonMom! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Our goal is to be the number one hotel in all of DC and feedback like yours helps us on that quest. We will certainly address the issues you had.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

All of the staff - from the staff member that checked me in to the one who assisted with my boarding pass printing, to the person that checked my bag and got me my cab to the airport to the person who came to let me back into my room as a pajama clad individual standing outside my room at 11:00pm because the door had shut accidently as I put my room service tray outside the door - were gracious, kind, and treated me with respect such that I truly felt that I, as an individual, mattered to The Fairmont Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much Eva H! Your review contains the exact message we try to convey – we will have to share it on our social media channels!

You as an individual do matter to us at the Fairmont. We like to celebrate the uniqueness of each guest and strive to offer personalized stays suited to your needs. We greatly appreciate your compliments toward our team and couldn’t be happier with your experience.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Fairmont two years in a row for a conference and LOVE it! The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean, comfortable, and gorgeous. It is a quick cab ride from DCA, Georgetown, and lots of great restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you kindly IloveTan! It sounds like you had a great trip. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We are expecially grateful for your compliments toward our “friendly and helpful” team. We couldn’t be prouder of them.