We visited with two teen aged grandsons and enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont in an Ambassador suite which worked very well with our grandsons as there are two areas and they slept on a pull out bed in the main room. When one of them caught a cold, the hotel accommodated with a roll-away so the boys did not have to sleep together.....took some logistics but still worked well. We had access to the Gold Floor which was an incredible bonus. Wonderful to start each day with breakfast and then be able to head right out to the sights. On our last night, we came in late after Fourth of July celebrations. I went to the Gold Floor to print our boarding passes and found that the doors had just been closed. The man working there saw me and asked if I needed anything. I told him I had wanted to print my boarding passes and he unlocked the door and gave me access to the computer.....very nice and it was appreciated. The front door staff was so very friendly and welcomed us with all of our comings and goings. We stayed here before and used the Metro on that trip and there is a stop a few blocks away. This trip it seemed just as sensible to take a taxi to the National Mall area as there were four of us and the Metro price was $3 per person. If the taxi was a little extra, the convenience seemed to make up that difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont