We had pre-booked this hotel several months in advance and had specifically requested two double beds as we are a family of four. Upon arrival we were told that no double rooms were available and all they could offer was a king and a cot.
Not happy with having two adults and a child sleeping in one bed we declined.
We were then told that we could have a larger king room and sleeper sofa but at an additional $50 per night for a seven night stay. After a few minutes and feeling like we were buying a used car the desk manager offered us a "deal" where we would pay the extra cost for three nights and the last four would be "free".
With little option we took this. The room itself was OK but not great and the noise from adjoining rooms was very loud with the adjoining room the "party" room for a large group of friends who were all staying in adjoining rooms.
Washington DC was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. if we came again, we would select a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont