Stayed here with my family for 4 nights in April. We are 2 adults, a 17 year old and an 11 year old. I'm not quite sure why a couple of reviewers with families did not recommend this hotel. I thought it was a perfect hotel for families and I'll tell you why. The rooms were very spacious for a family of 4. As the last reviewer commented, the courtyard rooms have balconies that lets the beautiful fresh air in and opens up the room to the outside. The Foggy Bottom Metro station is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and you can get to most of the attractions without even changing trains. A bonus is a Whole Foods across the street from the station that has everything you need for a picnic on the mall for takeaway before getting on the metro.You can also easily walk 10 minutes to the heart of Georgetown that has many shops and great family restaurants to explore. The front desk, housekeeping and the concierge were wonderful. We asked for a mini fridge in our room and it was there free of charge within 5 minutes. Hats off to Kitt at the concierge desk for printing out some needed info for us.We will definitely return to the Fairmont D.C. for our next visit. Keep up the good work!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont