We were married here in 1999. Went back for anniversary stay. Still most beautiful lobby in DC. Could use some renovating - heard that will take place this summer. Very spotty service. Great bartender in lobby bar. Bellman took over an hour to bring up 2 small bags we could have brought up ourselves. We were waiting so long we had to call down to see what happened! Upgraded to corner suite which was ok. TV at end of bed on swivel is nice. Room was clean & bathrrom was clean but hate shower curtain even though not visibly dirty. Prefer shower doors in hotels. Walls are paper-thin! Could hear neighbor singing in his room all morning. So annoying while trying to sleep. Sunday brunch was very $$ for very below par service. Hostess told us it was reservations only - but sat us in nearly empty restaurant that stayed that way thru our meal. Buffet was filled w shrimp, crab, etc but was pretty skimpy on fresh breads - none. Can order eggs but no one told us until we asked. Menu was confusing - list of things on buffet but no mention of eggs or omlettes. Still had lovely time in all. Just trying to write factual review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont