We stayed over a weekend in mid-February 2013 and really loved the location and room. The lobby area was quaint but lovely and open and airy. We had an afternoon snack and drink there. Would love to see it here in warmer weather when the inner courtyard is open. The room was nicely appointed, very clean. The bed was super comfy. The location was in fast walking distance to the Georgetown shopping district, and also to the metro station (subway). The service/staff was very helpful. There was a wedding there that Saturday night, and I took a look around earlier in the day -- a beautiful circular room for the ceremony, and they have a LOT of meeting space at this hotel. The only issue is that the restaurant didn't seem totally up to par in terms of food. We each had a steak entree, mine was a Kobe-style beef that wasn't very flavorful and not really worth the high price (~$55). My tomato-basil soup was just kinda "meh." They didn't have any bread options for those like me with a nut allergy. So I think they would use some improvement there. One last comment is the very high price of their room service menu for breakfast -- I don't understand why hotels charge $20-$26 for eggs and toast or pancakes, because it just deters you from ordering from them at all. My husband instead just ran around the corner and got two breakfasts to go for $20 total. If they would reduce the prices by $3-$4 per breakfast, I suspect they'd get more revenue. But overall, would definitely recommend this hotel for leisure and business travelers alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont