“Classy stay in Washington”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel in the Embassies area. The service is prompt and kind, the location is perfect and the environment beautiful. A note of criticism is that for a hotel of this level, things such as free Internet, free water bottle in the room, some free coffee in the lobby should be granted.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LuisaColorado
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind review LuisaColorado. We love words like classy, perfect and beautiful when describing our property!

Next time you visit, we highly recommend signing up for Fairmont President’s Club. One of the perks of membership is complimentary Internet. You can also save preferences on your profile, so if you would like a certain kind of coffee for the in-room Keurig, we’d make sure to have it available. At the Fairmont, we strive to be as environmentally friendly as possible and try to limit the use of disposable water bottles. However, we have filtered still and sparkling water offered in glass bottles available for no charge in all of our dining areas. Feel free to call our Royal Service department any time you’re feeling parched—and let us know before you visit next, we’ll make sure to stock your room.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

i stay there twice a year after my first stay the doormen remember your face and greet you with a smile and a welcome back. the hotel is well located in the georgetown area, also many excellent places to have a fine dinner in the general area, many can be walked to

Room Tip: the times that i have been there i have found all of the rooms great
1  Thank george m

Thank you very much George M! We’re delighted that you feel at home in our hotel. We’ll pass your compliments on to our doormen—they have memories that blow us away. We appreciate you taking the time to review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've been helping with a conference that has been held at this hotel for the past 3 years. After three visits, I've only found one thing I didn't like, and its pretty petty. The staff were great to work with. The food for the conference was excellent. The young lady that checked me in went above and beyond. I believe her name was Sarah. She got me a great room with an adjoining room for my son. Here's my only petty complaint...the TV in my room was on a center dresser and rotated 180 degrees to be viewed from the bed or the couch (like I said, she got me a great room), but it only rotated towards the hall to the bathroom and you couldn't see the TV from the desk. I like watching TV in the evening while I'm catching up on work and I could sit at the desk and see the TV. I told you it was petty. I did, however, have a nice window above the desk that looked right down M street. But I would rate this hotel 5 stars anytime.

Room Tip: Getting a room right on M street gives you something to view. If you want a good suite, a room on t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you RLMartin for being such a loyal guest! We truly appreciate it. We will pass your compliments on to Sarah. She’s great and we’re lucky to have her!

Our Director of Engineering will look into the TV situation and see what he can do to improve the experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to review and for giving us five stars!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sometimes you simply need a way station that is a simple respite from a long travel schedule. While I was not able to truly take advantage of all this property has to offer, the friendly staff, the well appointed room, the bed that was to die for, the nice little slippers and the fact that I could take a real bath and soak the aches and pains of the day away made all the difference. It was an exemplary in room experience.

I would especially like to acknowledge front staff- Two doorman quickly pointed me in the right direction for both my dinner date, and a hot bowl of oatmeal at a nearby Starbucks. In both cases they walked me to the curb and pointed out landmarks to make my walk easier. Along the way I also realised that it was in a GREAT location in G'Town.

I was also impressed with the check out process. A young woman greeted me in the lobby, checked me out on an iPad, directed me to an ATM and looked after getting my bags to cab while I got my cash.

Room Tip: My corner mini suite was especially nice and easy to see how spending a week there would be very com...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Tony C for such a kind review! It sounds like you had exactly the experience we want out guests to have. We couldn’t be happier!

We hope that you’ll be able to stay longer next time and truly experience all that the hotel and location have to offer. Thank you again. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not impressed with staff and room service; the front desk staff were not helpful until the manager had to intervene and don't even bother with room service - over an hour to get uncooked cold food. The hotel has a beautiful courtyard and the rooms are spacious but that's about all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Stay away from street view rooms - can get quite noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyPoo

SuzyPoo, we are terribly sorry you had a negative experience with us. We are unwilling let any guest be disappointed; please call us at (202) 429-2400 and ask for Adam Knight, Hotel Manager. We would like to make our amends and correct the situation.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Washington Fairmont Hotel is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at by far. From the minute you come to the front entrance it is pure elegance. Inside is marble and glass, the rear courtyard is just stunning. The restaurants are outstanding, the rooms are beautiful and a very, very nice spa as well. The location right on M street, and a short walk to Georgetown is also wonderful for those people without a car.
THIS is the hotel to stay at in Washington DC

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

281bob, we are flattered! From the “stunning” courtyard to the elegant entrance, we are so pleased that you had an impeccable Fairmont Washington D.C., Georgetown experience. It’s what we strive for!

We appreciate you taking the time to review and helping future guests with their travel decisions. The power of guest-to-guest reviews is undeniable. Please come back and stay again soon; we will be waiting to wow you some more!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Fairmont Washington DC. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great for business or pleasure and the hotel offers anything you would need while traveling. It is well-located in Georgetown with many restaurants and shops in walking distance, and it’s a short cab ride to the museums and other DC attractions. The room was spacious, well-appointed and had a very comfortable bed. I will definitely plan to stay here again on my next visit to DC.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fern S
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you Fern S! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We agree that the amenities and location make the Fairmont a great place to stay and love when guests take advantage of them like you did. We look forward to having you again and promise a third trip just as enjoyable as the first and second!