We traveled here with our kids so this review is geared for that experience. Suffice it to say, if you are travelling as a couple or for business then you already know that overall Fairmont can be counted on to provide a comfortable trip. The DC Fairmont is everything you would expect from Fairmont, clean, luxurious, and great service. We stayed in a corner suite that was huge, perfect for our family travel needs.
The property is in upper edge of the NW DC business district, bordering a Georgetown neighborhood. You can walk to the Foggy Bottom metro(blue-orange lines) on 23rd, after crossing Pennsy Ave near GWU. Its about 4 city blocks, safe and easy for adults, harder for little tikes, stroller necessary. About the same walking distance to cafe/quick serve outlets too. You will do a bit more walking to get to the mall, museums, other tourist spots, and subway transit when compared to other hotels in NW DC.
The hotel lobby is spacious with plenty of seating, grab a beverage or appetizer to relax outside your room in comfort. There is a courtyard area also, good for warmer nights. The restaurant is gourmet, 4-stars maybe. It had a great breakfast for families, dinner was well prepared if not small portioned. Not great spot for dinner with kids, but it will do in a tight schedule if you do not prefer room service. We did have an excellent experience with room service that beat the experience at dinner. There are many excellent choices on the room service menu.
The indoor pool area, with a hot-tub and 3-lane swimming pool, is just ok. But its attached to the work out room and day spa, so not everyone was excited to see my 3 young kids giggling and acting like kids in there. We enjoyed a short swim nonetheless.
In sum, this luxury property has everything you need for a family or business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont