“Beautiful hotel near DuPont Circle” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #13 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Beautiful hotel near DuPont Circle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The Fairmont is a lovely facility with excellent service in a convenient location in DC. From the bell cap to the registration staff, guests are made to feel welcome and the facility offers many amenities for travelers. The restaurant is very good and in nice weather, the outdoor dining area is a real find in the middle of downtown. My only complaint is having to pay $15 for the fitness center, which was an adequate gym but nothing special.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A quick review.

Service was great from the staff at the front desk to those that worked in other areas of the hotel.

All were very polite and helpful.

I was staying attending a conference but my wife and daughter accompanied me and they went sight seeing. All the sights were a quick cab ride away.

Parking at the hotel was expensive the only advantage being the in/ out service. Cheaper parking close by but you lose the in/out service.

Plenty of places to eat by for all so this saves the steep prices within the hotel.

I did not use the pool but was told it was an additional fee to use which is a bit silly but please check as I do not want to misinform you.

Altogether a nice hotel I would recommend to all and certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Fairmont Washington, D.C Georgetown once again exceeded my expectations. During a recent visit I was especially pleased with the superior level of service offered by all of the colleagues I had the pleasure of meeting. Starting with my check-in…I arrived several hours before the standard check-in time. The Front Desk Agent warmly welcomed me to the hotel and to DC and swiftly checked me in to my 10th floor room. While walking down the corridor to my room a Room Attendant with a handful of sheets politely stepped to the side to allow me to pass with my luggage. While my schedule didn’t permit me to enjoy many hotel services, I did have time for the breakfast buffet at Juniper. When I approached the host station no one was immediately available to assist me. Still I was pleased as another colleague (I believe front office) swiftly came to help. My server at Juniper was gracious, warm, helpful, and prompt with all of my requests. I especially appreciated being asked if I’d like a to-go cup as I was preparing to leave. After enjoying the breakfast buffet I walked outside through the courtyard. I decided to take a quick photo of the grounds (I’ve included the photo with this review). A grounds colleague noticed and promptly approached to ask if I’d like to be included in the photo. All of the extra mile efforts by the colleagues felt genuine. Fairmont clearly does a great job hiring colleagues that authentically care and the hotel clearly does a great job training their colleagues to deliver outstanding service. I was 100% pleased with my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed another perfect stay with us. We pride ourselves on the caring our of colleagues for our guests. Thank you too for sharing the lovely photograph.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Fairmont is an upscale hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff . The room was spacious and the beds comfortable . The bathroom ample in size with the standard assortment of products. Service is first class from the concierge to the doormen and parking attendants. My only irritation is the fact that Wi Fi and the use of the workout facility is not included in the room rate . This seems to be the new norm in the upscale hotel industry but not necessarily a positive trend . Having said this , we enjoyed our stay in this conveniently located property. Attached to the Fairmont is Juniper , an excellent restaurant.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank stmartinmd
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here in the Fall of 2012. The hotel lives up to the reputation of other Fairmont Hotels, being very elegant and stately. The hotel staff and the doormen were very nice! The lobby bar/lounge staff were lovely. We enjoyed trying the food and drinks made using the honey from the rooftop bees.
The concierge service were so-so for a hotel of this caliber. They were all very nice, and gave great advice on where to park, etc when heading out to see sites. However their restaurant recommendations were not great. You are on your own there!
I would stay there again, its in a nice neighborhood and easy to get to the national monuments and parks nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel as we were in D.C. for a wedding. The hotel is very luxurious and elegant which you feel as soon as you walk through the doors. Staff was helpful and friendly from the doorman, to the check-in to the cleaning staff. The rooms were were nice and the beds so very comfortable (something you don't always get at hotels). They accomodated us for an early check-in and the normal check-out is 1 p.m. - YES, 1 p.m.! Although we were only there one night, it was quite enjoyable. And the best part is that I got a great deal and only paid less than half of a normal night's room rate. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boricua78
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us while attending a wedding. We hope that you will visit again soon for another wonderful weekend in the nation's capital.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I really wanted to like the Fairmont, truly I did, but the sad truth is that this hotel is a sad excuse of a "luxury hotel," particularly when all the luxuries you would need or want will cost you a pretty penny. For a luxury hotel chain, it's shameful how much they nickel and dime you.
Yes, the hotel is beautiful. Yes, the rooms are lovely and the beds are exceedingly comfortable. Yes, the shampoos and soaps are of good quality. But that's about as far as it goes.
You have to pay for wi-fi, which is odd, considering hostels and cheap n' cheerful motels provide it for free. The price to use the business center for last minute document printing is appalling (50 cents a page to print, and over $1/minute), which again is odd, because places like Hampton Inn have a business center for free.
Concierge, though friendly enough, certainly weren't helpful. I asked for band-aids. They told me to buy some from the gift center. My friend asked for a Tylenol because she was coming down with a fever. They told her to buy it from the gift center. I asked for toothpaste, because they don't provide it in the room. And, you guessed it - they told me to buy it from the gift center. What is the point of a concierge if they can't help make your stay more comfortable?
If you have to pay for nearly everything during your stay, what exactly does $300/night get you?
I urge you - no, make that IMPLORE you - to spend your hard-earned dollars elsewhere, like the Hyatt or Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Should you decide to stay at this hotel, which I hope you don't, sign up for the President's...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business