We booked the American Girl (standard room) package at this hotel for my daughter's 13th birthday. A few days before we arrived, we got an email asking about my daughter's favourite cake and icing flavours. When we arrived, we were impressed with the spacious, sunny lobby, which always smelled fresh and floral. I asked about the package upon check in (a travel doll bed is part of the package) and the desk agent said he would find out where the amenity might be and call me in the room. When we arrived at the room, our door said "Ambassador Suite" on it and we were amazed to walk into a beautiful, huge, two room suite with a dining table, pull out king sofa bed, king bedroom and beautiful, massive bathroom. On the coffee table was the American Girl bed, along with a gift bag with some lovely gifts including a stuffed panda and a Washington T-shirt, and balloons. Really above and beyond! Our daughter was delighted! Shortly after we arrived, a beautiful personalized mini-birthday cake arrived, along with milk and star shaped cookies, all compliments of the manager. We ordered room service and with it came chocolate dipped strawberries, with a birthday message on the plate in chocolate. Really, my daughter felt like a princess! This special treatment was so special and beyond anything we might have expected. Every staff member we encountered was so kind, helpful and seemed to love their job. We had dinner at Juniper and it was very good, when we said we were in town for a birthday, out came a lovely birthday dessert, complete with a candle! The Fairmont really knows how to celebrate and make guests feel special. The hotel was clean, fresh and bright, and we loved the location. We had booked for only one night to take advantage of the American Girl package and then moved to the Sofitel, as we thought the room and location would be better, but we really wished we had stayed at the Fairmont for the entire visit. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone- it was a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont