1,316 results
All reviews dupont circle connecticut ave junior suite front desk staff adams morgan charming hotel stay there again embassy row older hotel washington hilton few blocks great neighborhood room was large restaurants and shops corner room king bed loved this hotel
Reviewed December 6, 2016

I stayed here in October and was pleased with the central location, its right off transit, 3 blocks from the metro station, one block from a bus stop, and very amicably priced. The staff was friendly, attentive, and easy to work. The location was super convenient for most centralized tourist stops, and the room had decent amenities. Rooms were ample size, and the bedding, while rough for someone with back issues like me, was overall modern. There was a couch, fridge, microwave, and safe in my room. The only major complaints were the bathroom was ugly and outdated, as well as cramped. The electricity in the closet was spotty, and the closet was small. The restaurant was ok, if not pricey, but the service I had there was decent. No ice machine, which was weird, you had to call down and they sent ice up to your room

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Monique M, Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad your stay was satisfactory and will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team. We are at the end of a complete room renovation, and if you are in the DC area again we hope to host you in one of our updated rooms.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

This is a lovely hotel. It's well located, about 8 blocks from Dupont Circle, about 3 blocks from diverse restaurants and shops, about 8 blocks from the zoo. The hotel is old fashioned looking but the rooms appear recently updated and spotless. The staff is courteous and helpful. Nice lounge/restaurant and fabulous breakfast in dining room.The room did not have a coffee maker in the room but one was promptly provided when I asked the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RuthNYC
Karren F, Front Office Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are delighted to hear about your stay. I will certainly pass on the compliments to our staff. We do look forward in welcoming you in the future and will make sure we provide you with all your requests.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

I was very pleased with my stay at the Churchill. I was greated by friendly staff at the door and the front desk. Every time I passed by them, I got a smile and an inquiry as to whether everything was alright.

The room I had was a front corner room, with a great view of the street (there is a statue and beautiful mansion right across the street). The room was clean, well-appointed, with a flat-screen cable TV, refrigerator, and a separate study/office area off to the side.

Perhaps the best amenity in the room was the nightstands with the built-in dual electrical outlet and USB charging outlet! I make use of both types of outlets when traveling and having them right next to the side of the bed was perfect.

I highly recommend the Churchill as a great place to stay in Washington DC's DuPont Circle/Embassy Row neighborhood.

Room Tip: If you can get a front-facing room, there is a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul P

Thank you very much for your 5-star review! We are glad to hear that you were very pleased with your stay. I will certainly pass on all the great compliments to our staff. We definitely look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Stayed in The Churchill at beginning of November. Great staff at reception every shift. Very clean, comfortable hotel and only 2 minute walk to White House & major historical attractions. Near the metro at DuPont circle for those less keen on walking and direct bus route downtown about 2 minutes from front door. We were out from early morning to late evening & only had a snack & drink in the bar one evening & again the bar staff were terrific & service excellent. Would recommend & stay at The Churchill in a heartbeat again.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family

Thank you for your 5-star review!! We are delighted to hear about your stay. I will certainly pass on all the compliments to all of our staff. We look forward in welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 20, 2016

This hotel is a hidden secret that is almost complete with total renovation and even before, it is the place to say for proximity to everything. The staff and value are exceptional. The restaurant serves a wonderful breakfast and while there is no room service, it doesn't matter. The proximity to the Dupont Circle area is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was a wonderful one. We're happy to know that our location fits your need. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you again in your next trip here in Washington, DC.