“Another Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Another Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had another great stay at the Churchill in Washington DC! Nice, friendly staff! Especially Wanda! It was great working with her for a 2nd year in row! She really saved me the first time staying here! Quaint traditional hotel in Dupont Circle and very close or walking distance to so many things particularly restaurants! Will be staying here again next year!

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager1914, Front Office Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Hi Leonard2013, Thank you for your four star review; we're glad you had another great stay. It's nice to know that you choose us year after year and that Wanda always gives you great service. Almost every guest that has an interaction with her raves about her customer service and her ability to connect with each individual person. We look forward to your next visit next year, until then please take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is really good hotel, the price is cheap but really nice and clean. Also staffs are really friendly here. My room is really nice, but sometimes you can hear voice from next door. everything is really good and I like this hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars
HI Rzliu, thank you for your five star review. Thank you for calling The Churchill a really good hotel and for sharing a positive review with everyone. We hope that the next time you are in the Washington, DC area you stay with us again; we'd love to have you!
Kandy, Sri Lanka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

pretended that my fully prepaid booking made on otels.com was not received and asked me for a credit card deposit.ten was informed that the card was not working and demanded 300 usd in cash!to my horror on receiving the card statement found that they have taken 500usd!
did not even activate room phone even on request and had the cheek to tell me that was because guest often refuse to pay up.rude beyond belief

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Asoka K
GuestComm411, Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Hello Asoka K,

Thank you for writing us a review. It's important to us to know how we are doing in the eyes of our guest. We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your credit card being double charge. Everything should have been corrected, if this is not the case please reach out to me directly, Noori Janjani at noorijanjani@remingtonhotels.com so we can get this taken care of right away. Have a wonderful day!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was recently a guest here and I experience the worst hotel stay in my life. My check out time was at noon. At 9am, the housekeeping manager, Maggie, knocks on my door despite a "Do Not Disturb" door tag. I informed her that I was still in the room. About 20 minutes later, she comes back, and I crack open the door (half naked given the fact that that I was asleep with my significant other). She then proceeds come into my room to look for a "phone charger" that a guest supposedly left prior to my reservation (which is peculiar in and of itself). She then proceeds to question me about my actual charger. Little to her knowledge, I just sat for the bar and am well aware that her actions clearly constitute an intrusion of solitude and seclusion. I simply inform her that she was violating my right to privacy, that she should leave and that I would speak to her manager. I went downstairs to see the hotel manager, Michael T, and he was supposedly in an off-site meeting. I called the booking company and informed them of the incident, and they made several efforts to contact Michael T. When I checked out and arrived home, I called again, and he had taken off for the day. Given the several messages that were left regarding the matter, he actively chose to not address my concern. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, given the poor management alone, and there seems to be other reviews from other customers in which this has happened.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Hemphigc07
GuestComm411, General Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Hello Hemphigc07,

Thank you for writing us a review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we can improve on and how your stay was. We are sorry to hear that this event happened. This is not the normal standards for if a guest has a "do not disturb" sign they are to be left alone. We have addressed this issue with our housekeeping staff and reminded them of the protocol. If you have any more questions or concerns regarding this issue please reach out to me directly, Noori Janjani, General Manager at noorijanjani@remingtonhotels.com. Have a fantastic day!

ANC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in August- very nice place, staff friendly and efficient, room was comfortable and cool, a big deal in DC in August. Only quibble- housekeeping was only leaving one washcloth per day for 2 people. When reminded, they upped it to 3, so all was well. And if that's the only complaint in a 3-day stay, not bad! Also, not a cookie-cutter chain hotel, a very big plus as far as I'm concerned. A five-minute walk to the DuPont Circle Metro station, all in all, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street facing the Washington Hilton, and could hear sirens from time to time, bu...
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager1914, Front Office Manager at Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
HI Alaskatrav, Thank you for your five star review and for recommending us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your cool comfortable suite, and our great location. By the title of your review, we're happy you feel you received full value for your money in a very nice hotel. Please stay with us again whenever you're in town; we'd love to have you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed one week at this hotel. I would not complain on staff friendliness. I want to WARN everybody: if you use the valet parking at the hotel, please, expect your car is burglarized. Everything, that could be taken out was taken out: GPS, sunglassed, charger for IPhone, change. After I made a complaint to the manager Michael Truesdell at the front desk, I received the letter at home from Ashford hospitality Trust, that own the hotel, they are not responsible for burglaries. Stay away!!!!!!

Sleep Quality
3 Thank zvetik2014
Hello zvestik2014,

Thank you for writing us a review. We here at the hotel take burglaries very seriously. We are sorry to hear that this unfortunate event happened within our parking lot. We have looked into the event and unfortunately have done everything we can about this unfortunate event. That being said I encourage you to reach out to me directly, Noori Janjani at noorijanjani@remingtonhotels.com regarding any outstanding questions you may have. If there is anything we can help you with please let us know as well. Have a wonderful day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My family and I spent 4 nights in the King Suite. The staff was friendly, helpful, and always had a smile. The room was clean & charming, although a bit dated. The hotel bar reasonable and the happy hour food good and inexpensive. Check in and out was quick, easy, and efficient. The only thing that would have made it better was a breakfast buffet...but this is a boutique hotel and that is not part of the charm or style. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hi Perry F, Thank you for your four star review. It's fantastic that your four night stay made a positive impression on you and your family so that you all will stay with us again in the future; we definitely love to hear that. On behalf of the entire staff at The Churchill, we sincerely thank you and your family for staying with us.