Very clean, soft sheets, very comfortable beds, large rooms (stayed in a suite with 2 double beds) and the bathroom had a private toilet/bath area from the sink area. Closet, safe and refrigerator in room. Location is perfect, only 10 minutes from the Dupont Circle metro, but just far enough north on Connecticut Ave. to be quieter than the more bustling area nearer the circle. A 24 hour pharmacy (with an impressive food selection) is just across the street, one block south.
It is old and you can tell in some areas, for example the small elevators, the tiles in the bathroom and other small things. Also, Connecticut Avenue is busy 24 hours a day, so street noise often wakes you up, especially if your room faces the street (which mine did).
Staff was very courteous and professional, doormen open doors, hail taxis, help you with luggage and so on. A very upscale experience, all in all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc