Ok, Washington is definitely expensive, especially the weekend before the Inauguration! I wasn't there for that, but rather I was there for meetings the week before. The hotel is very nice and certainly more luxurious than other places I know in Washington. The staff were extremely kind. The view of my room was also beautiful, overlooking a nice statue and classical architecture in some buildings. The room was also very spacious. Internet wasn't entirely good but decent (meaning skype but no video was possible).
However, I think 350+ USD per night is pretty expensive, especially when it doesn't have breakfast... thankfully I had an organization pay my way, but if it would have been another time of year (non-inauguration) I would have definitely picked another.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelPower, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc