3 people are viewing this hotel
$144
Priceline
$170
Free cancellation until 12/09/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$132
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Expedia.com$170
Hotels.com$170
travelup.com$143
1,726 results
All reviews dupont circle connecticut ave junior suite adams morgan front desk staff modern amenities restaurants and shops few blocks spacious room business trip valet parking enjoyed my stay coffee maker white house national mall dolores chartwell
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2012

we got lucky - we were able to check-in well before the check-in time. the room was large and comfortable - great beds, lots of lighting, large flat screen tv, a small refrigerator, very good linens. it's a older hotel and a bit dated, but they do a good job of maintaining it and we found the hotel to be charming. the staff is very friendly. we stayed for 4 nights. we had a problem on our day - they forget both our wake-up call and to clean our room. when we called the front desk, we spoke to wanda who was very apologetic and offered us free breakfast in the hotel restaurant the following morning. she was very professional and we were satisfied with her offer. if you get downstairs early enough, they have a good assortment of newspapers available (washington post, usa today).

the hotel is a 10 minute walk to the dupont circle metro stop (red line), slightly uphill from the station to the hotel. there are a variety of restaurants between the metro and the hotel - ruth's chris, italian, mexican, thai, cosi, subway, etc., as well as a large drug store a block away.

we were pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend it.

Room tip: you may want to ask for the room facing the front, otherwise you will be looking at neighboring buildings. also, ask for a room away from the service elevator - it was a bit noisy at times.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank elaine212
Phil S, Director of Sales at The Churchill Hotel near Embassy Row, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments! We were delighted that you selected Churchill for your guest accommodations while in Washington DC at Embassy Row. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit. We will ensure that your wakeup call and guest room is impeccable for you. Again, thank you for your comments and allowing us to serve you!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, son and I spent Labor Day weekend at The Churchill in Washington, DC while attending a wedding. We were very pleasantly surprised. They gave us a king size bed and a pullout sleeper for our son for the price of a double. The room, which was more like a small suite, had a small alcove for the sleeper and refrigerator and bar area. All the hotel staff was very pleasant and I never felt under siege for tips or service that I didn't want. We parked on the street for free. The hotel was in walking distance of DuPont Circle, lots of restaurants and cafes and the metro.

We booked on line and got a great price and had to put very little out for a great weekend in DC. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets: a pleasure to sleep in. The great AC made muggy Washington bearable. I was expecting a bit of a flea bag, but instead found a very comfortable hotel with old world elegance, hospitality and style.

Room tip: We had a room on the street which I enjoyed. There was no street noise.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments! We were delighted that you selected Churchill for your guest accommodations while in Washington DC at Embassy Row. Our focus is the overall guest experience and we are glad that we were able to accommodate your family for your wedding event! Join us on Facebook so that you can receive future exclusive offers! Again, thank you for allowing us to serve you during your stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Churchill Hotel several times the past five years for business travel. The staff is consistently warm and pleasant. My room is always clean and quite spacious. Decor is a little dated and worn but all in all charming. On my most recent visit I forgetful me checked out and noticed later that I wasn't wearing my wedding ring and most likely had left it on the bathroom counter. Fortunately I was right across the street at a meeting and was able to run back and plead for their help. The front office gave me a key to check the room but housekeeping had already been through. The friendly front office gal called housekeeping and five minutes later I was reunited with my ring.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We are delighted that you are a repeat guest and enjoy the hotel experience. Thank you for sharing your story with us about your wedding ring. We are always here to assist you in any way possible. We hope that you enjoyed the updates in the lobby and restaurant. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We've been staying with our friends at The Churchill for more than a few years now, and every visit has been great.
I work for another historic hotel and immediately go over my "checklist" as soon as we pull up to any property. Warm staff, excellent housekeeping, and a fantastic location.
The recent updates to the lobby, restaurant/lounge, and fitness center keep it comparable to other nice properties in the area......without losing that "historic hotel feel". And we appreciate the addition of a refrigerator in each room.
Take our advice and stay here.
The wonderful thing about staying in a historic hotel is that you're not getting that cookie-cutter-big-chain-same-old-thing. It's interesting architecture and something out of the ordinary.
Thanks to our friends at the Churchill Hotel for another fabulous stay!

Room tip: Although it's on a busy street (what hotel in DC isn't???), a room at the front of the hotel gives you great views of a bustling city. The hotel was once an apartment building, and it makes you feel like a real Washingtonian for a few days. Parking isn't cheap (again...where in DC is it cheap???), but the excellent valet service makes it worth while.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Benwt77

Thank you so much for your gracious comments about Churchill in Washington DC at Embassy Row! As a historic hotel it is our goal to ensure we provide an experience unlike any other hotel. Our updates offer a mix of history with a fusion of modern amenities and style. If there are an additional items we can provide or services to assist you please let us know. Again, thank you for your gracious comments and allowing us to serve you!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in on a recent trip to DC.
Parking overnight in the lot behind the hotel is $40 - but worth it because parking in the area is horrible.
Room was kind of small, and the bathroom was tiny. I walked into the toilet about 4 or 5 times since it sticks out really far.
Room was clean, the bed was comfortable.
Staff was not real friendly - no one offered to help us with our bags, the person who checked us in did not offer the valet service for our car to me until I asked about it; but he did offer suggestions for eating in the area and asked if we needed a map of the area.
The entrance way is very slippery in the rain.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and comments on the hotel. We are certainly disappointed that we didn’t exceed your expectations. We are glad that the parking accommodations were helpful and that the guest bedding was comfortable. We hope that you will allow us to serve you again and provide you with exceptional guest service. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.