Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)
Washington Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Windsor Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Embassy Row Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
The Baron Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Kimpton Carlyle Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
1,234 results
All reviewsdupont circleconnecticut avejunior suitecharming hoteladams morganfront desk staffstay there againembassy rowapartment buildingolder hotelmodern amenitiesfew blockswashington hiltonrestaurants and shopsroom was largegreat neighborhoodcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed five nights on a business trip in January. The hotel is reasonably comfortable and well maintained with a small but attractive lobby. Staff are friendly and helpful. My room had a small fridge.

The restaurant was under renovation so breakfast was available in a meeting room. Breakfast service was rather slow and items on the limited menu were not always available. The hotel is a little farther from the Dupont Metro than I would like...particularly coming back when it's an uphill walk. There is a good assortment of restaurants within walking distance. Overall, not a bad choice but nothing special.

Room Tip: Some upper floors have nice views.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I booked The Churchill because I was looking for a good rate in the Dupont Circle area, and found this option on Expedia. For my two night stay it was a fine choice. In particular, the room, which was described by the front desk as a "junior suite" lived up to its billing. It was very spacious, light-filled by many large windows (with darkening curtains), well-appointed with the nice touches that a business traveler is looking for, and had a separate alcove with a desk and bureau, which housed a refrigerator and coffee maker.

Everything was clean and worked well. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. I rate it excellent on the strength of everything working well, and the good rate I got, which made it a great choice. I would definitely stay at the Churchill again if I found an attractive rate in the future.

3  Thank hilltopwatch
Reviewed January 21, 2012

It was a HOT day in July, I had just come from New York and I was just ready to fall in bed. As soon as I stepped foot in The Churchill I immediately felt better! This place was so calm, and luxurious, and within moments after check-in I was on my way up to my room - surprise - I had a corner room with a huge, soft, king sized bed, flat screen TV, huge bathroom with impressive amenities, things were looking up!! They hotel is in an awesome location, take a walk down connecticut ave to find cool coffee shops, chic restaurants, lounges, and sushi bars. The next day I had a friend join me for the evening, so I asked to be switched to a room with two beds - the staff helped me move my things to another room at no charge and no attitude, nothing but kindness! I really enjoyed my stay and I'm sure you will too!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JAXtravel
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel was fine for my business trip. The room was comfortable. Not spacious, but not dinky either. The little restaurant in the hotel was never crowded and both food and service were good, if not great. The staff was most helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank crimeprof1
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days in January and would highly recommend it. It's a historic boutique hotel with decent size rooms. I'm taking off a star for the cramped bathroom with slow draining sink and a showerhead that was starting to start its age but I found these minor inconveniences compared to the overall experience. The staff was wonderful and very courteous and I'm sure the issue with the sink would have been resolved quickly if it had been a major issue.

The hotel is well situated in Dupont Circle and only a few minutes walk from the metro. All the restaurants and shops are easily accessible. On a unseasonably warm evening, we walked all the way from the National Mall back to the hotel. It's slightly uphill but being from the San Francisco Bay Area, it was quite an imperceptible uphill walk to me.

The Phillips Collection is less than a 10 minute walk away from this beautiful historic hotel.