Excellent service, warm and inviting staff, very comfortable rooms.
The Churchill is where we stay when visiting the city. Working for a historic hotel myself, I know what to look for and what to expect. You want a clean room, in a nice hotel, in a great location, with employees who care about what they're doing. We have stayed many times with our friends at The Churchill and have never been disappointed.
The location, just above Dupont Circle and a quick walk from the metro stop, is perfect for both the business and leisure parts of our trips. There are several restaurants located very nearby, and many more within a short walk. Shopping is great too, whether near the hotel, in Georgetown (a short/cheap cab ride away), or in the funky Adams Morgan district (also great for Ethiopian food). And a quiet walk around the gorgeous Kalorama area is really something to see...those great houses!!
I cannot say enough great things about the staff. They are at once elegant and sophisticated yet not at all stuffy or intimidating, as I find some city hotels to be. You get none of the attitude and all of the great service and attention to detail.
The rooms are immaculately clean, and the beds are heaven after a day of walking around those city streets.
Those of you looking for the tourist-trap of a chain property should probably look elsewhere. Why stay in a room at the Marriott in THIS city that looks exactly like the one you stayed in at the Marriott in a different city??? I just can't understand that. If you want to feel like you're really doing the D.C. experience correctly, you'll be happy with The Churchill.
We'll certainly be coming back for another visit soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc