“great experience - way cooler than I anticipated”
Review of Odyssey Cruises

Odyssey Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy live music, dining, exceptional service and monumental views. Cruising year-round from the Gangplank Marina, Odyssey offers brunch, lunch, dinner and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus all sorts of specialty cruises.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great experience - way cooler than I anticipated”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We got a cruise certificate as an anniversary gift. When we arrived, I really had no idea what to expect. We weren't sure if this was a romantic dinner or a party boat as the crowds was mixed, varying in ages from 21 to 80.

It was a little dry at first, but once the boat left the dock, it really changed gears. The booze started to flow, people loosened up and then hit the dance floor.

Dinner was decent. Apps were above average, dinner was average. Desert was epic, massive plate of everything....

Our waiter, Chris, was a great host. Very friendly. The rest of the staff was awesome too. My wife doesn't like to dance, but I love to,. So the staff had the DJ/Band call us up by name so we could get our groove on!

Anyway, very good experience, something unique that I would never had done on our own even though we live 15 minutes from the location.

Visited November 2013
6 Thank artvandalay1

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful anniversary cruise”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was nervous planning our 20 year anniversary date. We've already done so much, but never a dinner cruise. Well, we were not disappointed!
I marked the anniversary bubble when booking the cruise online (had a 15% off code from retail me not). I also upgraded to a window seat, which I highly recommend.

So, when we walked up to the boat they took our picture in front of the boat. I usually do not go for these gimmicks, but the picture turned out so beautiful I actually bought it for $25 in a frame.
They seated us immediately at a table covered in rose petals, making it instantly romantic! The service was awesome the whole time, with constant refills, decent food and a general good attitude. This put both my hubby and I in a great mood.
Finally, the live music was really nice with a mixture of oldies but goodies and a lot of new music. They did a couple songs that people new the steps, like the cha cha slide. The musician recognized all the anniversaries and bdays for the night as well.
The icing on the cake was watching a proposal first hand, I actually teared up. Very romantic and beautiful evening!

1 Thank Estee1
Hope, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see the Potomoc and sights.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I took this cruise for something different for the evening. The food was awesome and we were waited on at our table. Dinner consisted of a first course, main entree, and a dessert. Water, tea and coffee were provided and pop and alcoholic beverages were available for purchase. The band that played was great. They played to the crowd and had no problem getting down and dancing during breaks. The view from outside was beautiful. We also celebrated my husband's birthday which was announced. Bruce was absolutely amazing. They will try and sell your pics taken when you board. We bought one just for memories!

2 Thank Travelbug4574
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“New Management and Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

As of January 1, 2013 Entertainment Cruises employed a new management team. Unfortunately, this new team (representatives up to management) has no interest in pleasing the customer, just want is in the best interest for their own profit. We were given a quote $7,000 above our budget and told that was the best they could do, which included 3000 pieces of food 75 guests (40 pp). Even after expressing our discontent at them ignoring our wedding day dreams, management was unwilling to assist and simply apologized for how we felt. You're spending what you'd spend for a car, and no customer service. Now my ideal wedding is gone. Horrible.

2 Thank Melinda B
Glenn Dale, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smooth Sailing”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on The Odyssey. Wonderful time. Great food, outstanding staff and a great tour of the waterfront sites of Washington DC. I would recommend this cruise to lovers, families or tourist looking for a few hours on the water.
George C (Maryland)