“I stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was very much...”

Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway
Ranked #133 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was very much worth the rate. The room was clean and the surrounding was peaceful. I would definitely stay there again with family. The shuttle to the Union Station is a plus. The chinese restaurent with the hotel, though expensive, is good also. Another plus point is the gas station just next to it. You can get water and soda for the usual price there. There is a good variety of breakfast items. The lobby is a little stuffy but that may be because they are renovationg the hotel. The stuff is friendly and the lady who looks after the breakfast place was really nice and got me tea and water when I asked for them. Good job guys!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us at the Days Inn Gateway in Washington D.C.

We are always happy to hear when our staff is doing a magnificent staff to please our guest. Our goal for this hotel is to make it a comfortable and convenient place to stay for each and everyone of our guest and with the Days Inn shuttle; we find it easy for our guest to easily travel into downtown by utilizing our transportation. Thank you for complimenting our Chinese Restaurant, Panda Gourmet, which is located inside the hotel near the lobby. It was recently featured in the Washington Post Cheap Eats section where they got a chance to display their Szechwan style of cooking to the public.

We hope that you have a chance to visit Washington D.C and choose to stay with us again.

Regards,

Paul T.
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

1  Thank Rohnner
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived at the days Inn gateway in D.C. a couple of hours before check-In, but the desk clerk was very helpful in finding me a room and allowing me to check-in early, but the great experience stopped right there.
Once in my room, I noticed the room was very old and in bad need of paint. The tub had what appeared to be parmanate stains. There was some type of glue, or sticky substance on one of the comforters, and the carpet was very grimy so I removed the top cover and kept socks or shoes on at all times...
Fast forward to the next morning's breakfast. No joke, the menu was Frosted Flakes or Raisin Brand cereal. Mini sweet rolls, mini plain bagels, coffee with sugar or sweet-n-low, whole or 2% milk, apple or cranberry juice. Notice that there was no butter or margarine. No spread for the bagels, no tea, pretty much no anything... So I skipped it altogether and opted for Duncan Donuts next door.
The next morning while preparing to dress and head out, I noticed an Iron board but no Iron. I called the front desk and was told that the irons were there and I would have to go to the lobby to get one and also leave a deposit... Yes for an iron. Did I mention that I had to go outside and back to the front of the hotel to get to the lobby.
There were people hanging outside of my room all hours of the night for two straight nights... It was so bad that I refused to stay my last night. I decided my safety was worth more than the money I forefeited... I went back early the next morning and check out...
It left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I doubt I will ever stay in another days inn again..When you are in unfamiliar surroundings, you at the very least want to feel safe. I did not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Etta S
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After staying in this hotel less than 6 hours, not one, but TWO of my guests were feasted upon by bed bugs. The bugs were literally running out of the pillows and mattresses. Both had bites all over their arms, necks and legs. The front desk was very rude from the beginning. The "best they could do" was offer our money back. This entire operation is sketchy and needs to be shut down!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business