“bike tour”

Daytime DC Bike Tour
$44.00*
Monuments and Memorials Sunset Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Capital City Bike Tours is delighted to welcome you to Washington, DC and everything the U.S. Capital has to offer! We offer you the best orientation, an informative and entertaining guide and simply a great time. After over a decade of guiding hundreds of thousands of travelers throughout the world, we have become the city bike tour benchmark. Our custom-made, comfort cruisers and the best way to see more with less effort.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a great way to see the major monuments around our nation's capital. We rode right by the cars sitting in traffic and crowds waiting on busses.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I traveled to Washington, D.C. with my husband. While he attended a conference I explored the city. I started out with Capital City Bike Tours' day bike tour to give me a sense of where everything is and it was great. I used one of the bike share bikes to travel from our hotel to their clean, sunny shop and it was easy to find - and there was a bike share station right across the street.

Our guide, Chris, did a great job. He was personable, knowledgeable and full of interesting info. We moved from place to place, sometimes stopping briefly, and other times for 10 - 30 minutes so we could get off our bikes and look around.

The next day I was able to navigate my way around easily because of what I had seen on the tour. I've done Fat Tire Bike Tours in Paris, London and Barcelona and this was just as worth it. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was one of the highlights during our brief stay in D.C. Traveling with a 9 and 11 year old, we wanted to get a real feel for the city on our first day. We had a great guide who was very knowledgeable, and engaged the kids.
Only reason why this tour didn't get 5 stars was because the ride started on the streets of D.C. during rush hour traffic! A little intimidating... Fortunately my kids are experienced bike riders, but beware if you are taking young children on this tour.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

And everyone at Cap City Bike Tours was terrific. Very helpful suggesting roads to avoid, were very flexible, the bikes were in great shape. Will definitely return to do this again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you are looking to rent bikes for a few hours and ride the streets of DC on your own, look no further than Capital City Bike Tours! First of all, Grace was very helpful and inviting on the phone assuring me to just stop in at our convenience and they would take the time to help us out. They are very easy to find, just a few blocks from the national mall in the George Washington University area. Since it was Sunday, there was lots of street parking available near the Cap City shop. And at $5/hour/bike, the cost was very affordable. My wife, daughter, and I decided to ride on our own and not do a group tour because we worked in DC 25 years ago and are pretty familiar with the layout of the city already. The District has some great neighborhood areas that have come of age since we lived in the area that we wanted to check out. But having not spending much time in DC in the past couple of decades, what we didn't know very well, were the best streets to ride on and where the bikes lanes are easiest to travel. I had mentioned this on the phone to Grace, and when we arrived at the shop, Caitlyn at the front desk had done some research online and figured out several good alternatives for us. She pulled out a map and spent 5-10 minutes going over possible routes and making several great suggestions. We ended up taking a fantastic and memorable 4-hour circular route riding/stopping at the following areas... Vietnam memorial, Lincoln memorial, Potomac River, Tidal Basin, Jefferson Memorial, Maine Ave Seafood Mkt, Nationals Park area, 8th St. SE/Marine Barracks area, Eastern Market area, Capitol Hill area, National Mall, White House, GWU area. What a great day... and all thanks to the helpful folks at Capital Bike Tours! Thank you!