“Outstanding!”

$74.98*
and up
Washington DC Segway Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Capital City Bike Tours is delighted to welcome you to Washington, DC and everything the U.S. Capital has to offer! We offer you the best orientation, an informative and entertaining guide and simply a great time. After over a decade of guiding hundreds of thousands of travelers throughout the world, we have become the city bike tour benchmark. Our custom-made, comfort cruisers and the best way to see more with less effort.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I sent a Friday & Saturday in DC for a Quick getaway. We are not the most athletic or active individuals out there, but we thought why not do a bike tour! Totally outside our realm of typical vacation ideas, but we were so happy we did it. Not having been on a moving bike in about 10 years, I could not wipe the smile off my face, and at the same time our tour guide was extremely informative and laid back. Not all in your face and cheezey. Prior to the trip when I was looking to set this up, I called Bike and Roll tour company and spoke with a terrible receptionist with an attitude that gave me no info on the tours provided and really didn't care. I then called Capital City and felt really good about what we were to see and do. I highly recommend this company and the Bike tour weather you are in shape or out of shape, it’s good for all. We have a great time!!! Thanks Capital City Bike Tours!!!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Matt J

Toronto, Canada
“Easy way to see DC”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The tour was a great intro to what DC has to offer. We lucked out and managed to even see the Jefferson Memorial, which is a bit far away from the others.

Afterwards, a few of us took the bikes out and managed to bike down to Arlington and the Pentagon memorial and bike back just in time to see the National Mall at night, which was lovely.

A great experience for my first trip to DC!

Visited November 2011
Pittsburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was a really fun way to see the major highlights of the Mall area of DC.”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Our tour guide was knowledgeable and did a great job leading our group through the mall area of DC, giving us a little information on most of the Smithsonian museums. We also had time to stop and visit several of the monuments. It's a fun way to cover a lot of ground and a get a good overview of the major DC sights. It was easy biking, with lots of stops. We loved being outside, and covered more ground than we could ever have covered on foot.
The bikes worked well, helmets were provided.
I highly recommend this as a great way to begin a trip in DC.

Visited October 2011
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why walk when you can ride?”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was in town on business without a lot of free time to visit many great landmarks. But thanks to this tour, in a three hour timespan I had an enjoyable ride through town that took me to most of the top sights. It would have taken all day to cover a fraction of the same ground on foot, and it wouldn't have been exhausting. Our guide Louis was extremely personable and funny, and his tour was both interesting and informative. He personalized it to our particular interests, even including an unscheduled stop at the new Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial. (Side note: I know there is a similar Segway tour, but as a mode of transport, the bike is easy, effortless, and suitable for all ages/skill levels. I think there were even a few places we got to that the Segways weren't allowed.)

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Mandy A
San Diego, California, United States
“Best tour of DC”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My 14 year old daughter and I took the bike tour on a late September Friday and were incredibly pleased. I had toured the city monuments a number of times over the years, starting with a boy scout trip in my youth and then every few years afterwards, when visiting relatives, who work in downtown DC. This was hands-down the best tour I've ever taken of DC and one of the top two that I've taken over the years, in the 25 or so cities/areas I have visited worldwide. My daughter couldn't stop talking about it...still is talking about it, days later.

DC is a suprisingly bikeable city, especially around the monuments. The only time I broke a sweat, was when I was not biking, but walking around the various memorials near the Lincoln, during a 30 minute stop there. The guide was pleasant and knowledgable. The 3-hour tour was easily the fastest, easiest, most site packed I've ever been on.

I stumbled upon this tour, while looking at a segway tour by the same company. However, my 14 year old was too young for that (need to be 16+), which turned out great IMO. The bike tour is less expensive than the segway tour and seemed to take us to roughly the same stops. Either one (segway or bike) get you zipping around downtown DC much faster and more efficiently than walking, but much more imersed than a drive-by bus tour.

Visited September 2011