“Very nice - decent location”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Nice hotel in a tony residential area. The Four Seasons is across the street. Relatively small rooms but very clean. Fairly quiet area except you are about 5 blocks from the emergency entrance to GWU Hospital so you get a good amount of ambulance sirens. It's about five blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro station, which is a good way to get into town. Fairly long walk to the White House. Service was very good. Prices are high.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,931)

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Had a choice of three hotels that met my location choice. Chose the Grand Westin for the package but their customer service won my loyalty. Will look forward to staying there on my return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bcturner123
andee2s, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2010

We are so happy you chose us from the three options. Thank you for the compliment, we are very proud of the Westin Grand Team! We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Stay Well.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

On a whim I decided to take advantage of a flight sale earlier in the year and go back to DC for the first time in 25 years to see the museums and relax. I found a great deal at the Westin Grand and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

The room was a nice size, it was very clean, had a comfortable bed and a great bathroom. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as I prefer to go out and explore, but I did have a drink at the bar and chatted to staff and locals. Nearby you've got everything from Starbucks to drug stores and Trader Joe's and you're a short walk from loads of restaurants, the Metro at Foggy Bottom and Georgetown.

Being in a residential area also means that the hotel is very quiet and I really couldn't have asked for a better hotel as the base for my exploration of DC.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank CMoller
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Have stayed here numerous times over the past few years. The hotel is always clean and the staff go out of thier way for you. It is an easy walk to Georgetown or to the monuments. I would tell anyone going to DC to look here first.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed June 3, 2010

From the momment that we checked into the hotel, Yarnell the Front Desk attendant couldn't have been more friendly and informative. If we had a question, she had the perfect suggestion. She greeted us by name everytime we entered the lobby. The whole experience with the hotel was very positive. I would definately recommend this hotel for future visits to Washington DC.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

What a great experience for my first trip to Washington, DC. The Hotel and staff were great and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant.

Jerome at the front desk assisted my colleague and I with food suggestions and sites to visit. He was very professional and provided excellent customer service.

I plan to visit DC as often as possible and the Westin Grand will be my hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
D_Centofanti, Director of Operations at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words. Jerome is truly an asset to the Westin Grand Team. Also, thanks for the great pictures you posted. We actually just installed the dusk lounge sign and it is the first photo of it. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet again soon:) Thanks again for the feedback.
Be Well,
DeeAnn

Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is a bad-a__ hotel as my son would say! We used Hotwire and landed here to visit him in DC for the weekend, and got an awesome deal in price for a 4 star pad in the Dupont Circle part of town! off the hook excellent service, the bed and sheets were "to die for" comfortable, we slept like rocks and got up to Starbucks coffee we made in the room. All kinds of stuff to do, of course, but the staff were so helpful and polite! I thought we were back home in the south where such hospitality is a given!
You cannot go wrong, just wait and see!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple