“Good stay, not the best location.”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Overall its a good hotel. The staff was nice and helpfull. We had a very big room with a bay window overlooking the front of the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a conecting room, so on a few times we can hear people in the next room, the doors did not provide much of the sound proof. wile we did like the hotel, the location was not good for my taste. Its very close to Georgetown, about 10 min walk. It was a little too far to the National mall with all the atractions. We did use busses and taxis, which worked fine, but did add time to our travel to and from the Mall. There are a lot of over hotels which are much closer to the DC atractions, within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed March 30, 2010

We had such a great time at the Westin! The rooms were perfectly appointed with a spacious and modern bathroom that included a separate bath tub. As with all other Westin hotels, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the room amenities were great. From the hotel, you can walk to the near foggy-bottom metro station or just walk to most tourist destinations. GW and Georgetown university are within walking distance as well. If you would like to save on breakfast or a quick bite, there's a very good sandwich shop across the street.

In all, I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was super welcoming, Jeffry from the concierge desk was very knowledgeable, and location could not have been better.

ps: if you drive to the hotel, use valet parking as they provide in-and-out privileges. It's only $7 more but it's well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2010

wow from the time we called and the time we stayed it was excellent. I called from l a to make sure we had a big room the manager Yarnell johnson was the most welcoming knowledgeable person ever. She made as feel at ease. When we arrived even better she made sure we had a nice room and they even gave us a temprorary room until our room was ready it was all done with a smile. One week flew by and all her staff even the director was excellent and very professional they were trying to help us in every way they can. Thank u westing for hireing people like them My family solluts them

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
albygeb, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Dear armenianburbank,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Grand. It was nice to hear that the Yarnell and rest of our staff exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was a fabulous hotel. Plush, comfortable rooms. Excellent staff. I had a series of meetings and being able to come back to the Westin to unwind and relax made it all doable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
albygeb, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Dear profmu,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Grand, and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Washington DC!

Sales Coordinator

Reviewed February 19, 2010

Westin grand hotel is convinient located in the heart of DC, train is walkable distance, Dupont Circle is close too! the service was amazing!

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
albygeb, Sales Coordinator at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Reviewed February 17, 2010

It has taken me too long to communicate my great pleasure staying at the Westin Grand while in Washington, DC. Despite the delay, my esteem for the attentive, professional, and engaging staff has not diminished.

First impressions are difficult to overcome whether one as extensive travel experience and a sociological background or not. Jerome at the front desk recognized my entry into the hotel instantaneously, and with equal immediacy smiled and extended greetings. After welcoming me by name and checking me in to the property, he assured me that the staff was there to help. His emphasis struck me more genuinely than some I have encountered, and when I asked for directions later in the day, he fulfilled the expectation of great hospitality (and provided accurate information).

After attending a social event sponsored by the Westin Grand, I remembered that airport security regulations translate into me leaving all liquids, gels, perishables, toiletries of all kinds, and a modicum of common sense at home. Yarneli and Vikram at the front desk offered directions to a store, but followed with a suggestion that I avoid the cold and they would have toothpaste sent to my room. This pleasing alternative was accepted, and shortly after returning to my room an attendant arrived with a kit that included my mentioned toothpaste. The kit also contained shave gel, which I needed but neglected to mention as Homeland Security had kept the aforementioned common sense.

The hotel event is worth noting. Gathering otherwise isolated elite level guests to socialize is a rather intelligent concept given the common experience of travel associated with tier progression and the possibly wasted networking opportunities when people with shared interests but unique backgrounds and different businesses only use the property to sleep in divine Heavenly beds. This was also a distinct chance to meet with Meade, Ann-Marie, and other senior staff that are often hidden unless a traveler is in a group or has a problem. All of the staff present were articulate and cordial, and I would suggest strongly that, after complimentary wireless, that all properties model the Westin Grand’s monthly event. Conversation, libations, and charming staff combine to ensure that I have strongly recommended the Westin Grand to friends and associates planning trips to the District. I may have to stay longer to enjoy both this and the Sheraton National’s exceptional staff… but the Westin has a definitive location and bed advantage if I must choose.

The Westin Grand gets a rare 10 on my hotel scale.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kaiser_D
albygeb, Sales & Catering Coordinator at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Grand. It was nice to hear that our front line associates and managment associates exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

It was a complete fluke as we were just looking for a couple getaway, quiet weekend, but it turned out to be such a beautiful weekend. The kites by the monument, the blossoms were amazing, the parade....and the hotel was so accomodating. We were able to walk to all restaurants and great shoppingl

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple