“Our favorite in DC”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #40 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We visit DC a couple of times a year, and always stay at the Westin Georgetown. The location is perfect - walking distance to the main shopping and restaurant street in Georgetown, the Lincoln Memorial, DuPont Circle, Rock Creek Park. The staff are terrific - pleasant, helpful, and courteous. The rooms are large, comfortable (Westin Beds!) and always clean. We'll be back soon!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Jim E,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin, we appreciate your review and your feedback. We are happy to hear that you seem to have had a genuine Georgetown experience and the team here looks forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Director of Operations

There are newer reviews for The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My friends and I had a spectacular weekend stay at the The Westin in Georgetown thanks to two lovely staff, Lana and Selam who went above and beyond the often times pesky request of Platinum Members like me!

What made it so extra special is the fact that they were so patient and caring about my requests that they kept in touch with me through the final days leading up to my stay to ensure that my friends and me and had the perfect rooms. Our upgraded rooms were just amazing and made our stay that much more enjoyable. Oftentimes you get to the checkin counter and you're just totally blown-off when you request an upgrade - but these folks patiently went through their inventory to ensure that they could accommodate our request in the best possibly way that they could and I was quite please with the result!

Service calls to our rooms were also spot on, but one surprise at the this location is Boveda restaurant - you've certainly have to try their Sunday unlimited brunch menu! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Call the hotel in advance to request any upgrades or room preferences - it just might work in your f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Ricardo_Emelio,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit at the Westin Georgetown and thank you for being a for a suitStarwood Preferred Guest. We are happy to hear that Selam and Lana were able to accomodate your request e upgrade and that you enjoyed the rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Its a standard Westin. Clean comfortable functional.
Nothing more than the min we would expect from this brand. Comfy bed and bathroom.
Location is ok, its about 10 min walk to nearest M and over 10mins to nearest attraction.
The restaurant on site is Mexican fusion, not worth the money for quality of food. Walk out the hotel there are much better food places mins away.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Palcol,

Thank you for your feedback about our Restaurant. We will definitely pass on your note to our Restaurant partners. Even though we are not next to the National Mall, we do appreciate you staying with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I always stay here when I am in town for business. This Westin is MUCH better than the other Westin in DC. It is newer and much cleaner and less tired looking. The morning breakfast is great, I recommend the french press coffee. About a 15 min walk into Georgetown which is great when it's warmer out. Friendly staff and very helpful. Reliable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Paige C.

Thank you for your feedback about our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We take alot of pride in the overall condition and cleaniness of the Hotel and we are glad that you enoy staying with us. I have had the french press coffee in the Restaurant and must agree with you that it is great.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I checked in to this hotel late (~11:30pm) after being sent here from another hotel that had overbooked (The Melrose, review to follow after I actually get to stay there). Apparently these two hotels did not have their agreement sorted out and I was left waiting in the lobby for 10 minutes along with a similarly inconvenienced guest while they negotiated a rate (likely the Melrose's fault not the Westin's, but it is part of what drives my poor review). All of this after an 8 hour journey. I was told after check-in that there were sandwiches available, but when I got to my room (after dialing 3 times), I was informed that "security" would call me back about getting something to eat, which is strange. No one called after 5 minutes, so I told them not to bother.
The room is pleasant looking and the beds comfortable, but it smells musty (hence the poor "clenliness" score). I wonder if this has to do with their eco-friendly card system, which shuts down the HVAC when you are not in the room. I'm all for energy conservation but not at the expense of clean air to breath. DC is a very humid environment for much of the year and I suspect the HVAC was designed with continuous AC in mind.
Long story short, I will try to avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear david_andrews,

We appreciate your feedback about our hotel as we continue to stive to provide a great product and experience for every guest. We are sorry that you were displaced from the Melrose and we are happy we were able to accomodate you. We are apologize for the less than perfect transition from the Melrose. We thank you for your feedback as we stive for a great experience for every guest, we will pass your notes along to the applicable departments. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place was great. Service was fantastic ceiling to floor. My kids had a blast. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable staff friendly. The hotel is a short walk up from (10 mins) M street into the heart of Georgetown - which is full of shops, pubs, restaurants etc. So fun! We will definitely use this hotel again for another family getaway weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stay here each year for our anniversary. With each year, the stay gets better and better. Rooms are exceptionally clean, beds are fantastic and the customer service is incomparable. EVERYONE on staff always has a smile, or a "Hello, how are you today?" Would definatley recomend this Westin to anyone coming to town or just for a weekend getaway in the city!! Thank you Westin Georgetown!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jessica B.,

Sounds like you had a great stay! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service and that the staff made your stay great for you. Thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you again soon.