“Great hotel”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Georgetown during the end of July 2012 with my mother who was in town for business. This is a great hotel, ideally located with easy walking distance to Georgetown and the city centre. I had a great experience, the staff was friendly and helpful, especially Amadou and Deenny who make a fun team. Because my medicine needs to be stored somewhere cold, I needed an extra refrigerator and someone delivered it at the room within minutes of my asking in the reception, at no extra cost.
I really liked that the the gym had towels, water and fresh apples available, and I think the breakfast was good, although I think it should have been included. Loved the patio outside the breakfast room. I think the 10$ per day rate for wifi is a bit much, but as long as the rate is the same however the number of devices, it's ok. All in all a great hotel and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Second visit in 18 months and once again the Westin Georgetown provided a very good combination of comfort, amenities and value. Very good bath and shower, great bed. The well equipped weight room was a step above the average hotel gym, with chilled towels and fresh fruit. Despite a $10/day wifi charge it is an excellent, lower-price alternative to the Park Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I visited in August of 2008 while the hotel was under renovation. Loved the trademark Heavenly bed, loved the shower (so many hotels have issues with varying water temp & pressure), and the service was great. I would avoid DC in the swampy hot season, but we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear MJBOmaha_NE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. I does get pretty humid in DC during the summer but it does not stop people from visiting. I do prefer the cooler weather myself. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

One of the gems in the D.C. area. The Westin brand of the SPG chain is showcased well in Georgetown. reat hotel and highly recommended for business travel.The bathrooms are especially comfortable with the double shower heads it's always a treat! The distictive Westin White Vanilla aroma always makes me feel like I'm home.

Room Tip: Most rooms are great. the only location I don't like is the corner above the main entrance - you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Luis T
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Luis T,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to comment on Trip advisor. Please reach out to us before your next visit and we will make sure you get the room type that best meets your needs. Take care and see you soon.

Peter Yeung,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We loved the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, you can walk to the metro station and be in any place in Washington D.C. in a matter of minutes. It is also walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The staff were accomodating and helpful. The valets in front of the hotel were a life saver for directions and a welth of information. This is for sure a four star hotel in all ways. The food is a little pricey, but there are enough restaurants in the area to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gloria H,

We are so pleased that you had a great stay. We appreciate the feed back. We have passed you comment about the food pricing to our Restaurant Partners. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in January and found it to be perfect. Room had a large tub which was perfect after a long cold day on the Mall. Rain shower was nice as well. Large comfy bed, nice front desk staff and pretty central to DC. Used the parking which was $25-$30 overnight. Used the "Green" choice (no room cleaning) to pay for my mini-bar purchase. i would stay here again if the price was right (I got $89 rate, but average is much higher)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our room was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful, but the A/C never really seemed to work properly. No matter how many times I set it to 65, it never got there. So despite the very comfortable bed, I really couldn't sleep well at night. The soaking tub was lovely and it was nice to have coffee in the room.
It's an easy walk into Georgetown where you have several options for dinner. The restaurants in the hotel were fine, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear EBtravelgirl,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Room Temperature and comfort for all our guests is important to us and we will pass on your feed back to our engineering team. As the temperatures begin to warm up in April, tuning up all our AC systems is our priority. Please forgive us for your less than perfect night sleep. Feel free to contact me. Take Care.