“I just love this hotel.”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
phila
“I just love this hotel.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just stayed again and it reminded me of why it is one of my top choices when I am in DC visiting my college girls. Rooms are in very good condition and clean. Love the location, close to Georgetown and shopping. Rooms are very nice, clean and the staff really is wonderful. I needed a remote control for the TV, called the main desk, and it arrived within 5 minutes with a smile. Whats not to love.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear kwajgirl,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel when visiting your College Girls. Sounds like you have a great time during your visits. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you very soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
vancouver, bc
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is not impressive, but don't judge it by the first impression. The rooms are large and very up-to-date and very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable. Although located at a busy intersection, the rooms are surprisingly quiet. The Foggy Bottom metro stop is a few blocks away, and from there the city are suburbs are within reach. Plan to eat elsewhere, as the restaurants here are very pricey and nothing too special. AND, the hotel charges for wifi, really inexcusable in this day and age! Otherwise, you can't go wrong if you choose this hotel next time you are in Washington.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brielle, New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Last minute stay here on a wednesday night, booked through priceline b/c we wanted to extend our stay in DC one night- got a great deal (102$/night) for a really nice hotel in a great location! Stayed with my 3 boys (ages 6-11), 10 minute walk to the Foggy bottom metro station- but for 5 of us- cheaper to take a cab to the Mall area than purchase 5 separate metro fare cards.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin Georgetown for 2 nights a year for the past 10 years or so. We stay there as we head to the beach and as we head home from the beach each summer. We decided to visit DC for spring break this week. Unfortunately, the Westin was sold out so we changed things up and stayed over in Annapolis. We came into DC to sightsee today and parked under the Westin to shop in Georgetown. As I passed through the lobby of the hotel I was greeted by Erwing on the bell staff. Mind you i have not seen him since last July but he still called my son and i by our names. He inquired about my wife and daughter and as we talked, he managed to get us a couple of waters for our walk into town. When he realized we were not staying at the hotel he offered to see if there were any rooms available. When we left my son asked if we could just stay in Erwing's hotel for the night. What a great ambassador for that great property.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank hdm102058
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear hdm102058,

This is one of the best hotel stories I have read in a while....and I have read alot of them. Our Bell Staff has some of our most tenured and outstanding Team Members. I can see why. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us on Trip Advisor. Please call me next time you swing by DC and I will make sure you and your Family stays in "Erwing's Hotel".

Claremont, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Georgetown for three nights on starwood points the week of March 26th and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I felt I was treated royally on my late evening arrival by both the doorman and the front desk staff. The doorman, who asked my name, remembered me by name for the rest of my stay. I liked the separate stall shower so I didn't have to climb over the side of the tub and the room was spacious and clean. From this location, I was easily able to walk to my son's apartment in Georgetown, as well as all the tourist sites in DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
St. Louis
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights and 6 days at the Westin Georgetown, so I feel like I had a good chance to experience a variety of aspects of the property. I was traveling with my husband during his business trip, and we used a number of amenities for both the business traveler and those coming in for leisure.

Room: the rooms are a good size for DC, and despite some saying the street-side is noisy, there is not really any noise after 9pm and before 9am. You get the usual day-time traffic, but again - so long as you aren't looking to sleep in until 11am, you should be fine. The real gem of the room is the bathroom - the tub is expansive, the vanity is sizable, and the separate toilet is a nice touch. One suggestion Westin - if you ever consider upgrading the doors in the bathrooms, please do. Putting the toilet in a separate room is great, but if the door is slatted wood, the element of privacy is removed entirely.

Floors: We stayed on the 6th floor (an SPG preferred guest floor). Despite being away from the elevators, the floor is just noisy. The walls are a bit thin, and the doors are heavy, so you hear everything (neighbors playing music at night, conversations, etc). Be prepared to turn on your white noise machine if you want peace and quiet.

Service: I had varying aspects of service. Sometimes housekeeping would miss our room entirely, even though I was out of the room by 9:30 or 10 most mornings. One day, they knocked and were surprised I answered - they had us checking out (despite the fact I was staying another 3 nights). Despite calling down for this change to be noted, we still had spotty maid service. The dining menu leaves a bit to be desired, as the "late night" choices don't really offer much in terms of healthful fare.

Misc: The wifi was TERRIBLE! We were able to expense wifi for the business trip, but if I would have paid 15.00 a day for wifi I would have been upset at the service. We went an entire day without service in the room, and for some that would be an extreme problem in an attempt to get anything productive done. FIX THIS PRONTO WESTIN! Please!

One bright note is that I went out on a run, and upon returning I went to the elevators. While waiting, a bellman came to find me with a cold towel and a bottle of water. I thought this was a great touch, and on par with some higher end properties I've stayed at in the past. Great job on that Westin!

The bars in house leave a bit to be desired. The thought is there, and the food is good, but overall atmosphere is lacking compared to other hotel bars in the area.

If you are looking to be proximal to Georgetown, but not in the thick of M street, this is a good pick. Be prepared to walk a bit to the metro, but overall, if this is the area you need, you'll find it a good option. I would say don't pay more than 300 a night - for anything more you can go elsewhere and get something better.

Room Tip: The street side has good light, and you might be well served to avoid some of the court yard rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Citychicgal,

Thank you so much for all of your detailed observations and feedback. We are aware of the new demands for High Speed internet Access and we are currently finalizing a deal to upgrade our entire Internet system at our Hotel. Travelers now have multiple devices and require newer technology. Next time you are back in the DC area, please come back and try our our new system. Take care.

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed April 2, 2013

From the moment I made a reservations, I received an email from the Concierge, Sloane
Aureli, who was a great resource in advance of our arrival to help plan a package/room decor for a special occasion. She and the other concierge personnel were extremely helpful in assessing different tour companies and planning our days and events. Everyone from the front desk to the bell staff was as exceptional and it made the stay feel very intimate.

The location, 4 blocks from the hub of Georgetown, was GREAT in that we could walk easily to the shops and restaurants. For those who have kids at GWU, it is THE perfect place as it is 1 block from the campus and a few blocks from the Metro.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family