I spent 3 nights here recently and had no complaints. Don't go here expecting complete lavishness, but do expect a comfortable stay. The staff (doormen, front desk) were friendly and polite, but not cloyingly so. My room was actually a room for handicapped guests (I booked through a discount website, so I guess that's what they had), but that just meant things were easy to reach and the bathroom was more spacious with accommodations in the shower/tub for folks who might need to lower the shower head or not lower themselves into the bottom of the tub.I appreciated the 2 complimentary bottles of water for coffee or tea. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, and even though I was near the elevators, they were not loud. (In terms of noise, though, be aware that George Washington University Hospital is nearby - at the Foggy Bottom Metro station - and ambulances come past with sirens on at least a few times a day.)
The lobby is pretty small, so you won't necessarily want to hang here with friends, but Boveda, one of their two restaurants, has a hip "Latin speakeasy" vibe and the ceviche was DELICIOUS. (Speaking of food, go around the corner to Bread & Chocolate and get the Red Flannel Turkey Hash - it's a great way to start your day!) Probably the best thing about this hotel - especially for people who like to walk - is the location. It is pretty much equidistant between Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, and DuPont Circle. There's a path for jogging in nearby Rock Creek Park, and you can walk to the waterfront to watch the geese and ducks. There's lots of restaurants nearby, good people-watching to be done, and a Metro station in two of those three neighborhoods.
Overall, I had a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin