“Class and Beauty!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southampton, New York
“Class and Beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The aesthetic and personal attention to detail make this hotel a true gem.
We love the location and return every year for our annual family reunion.
The staff is number one and you feel a sense of calm greeted with smiles!
We can walk almost everywhere from this location even in the colder weather.

Room Tip: We like the front of the building but can have street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a random weekend in DC with my wife. It happened to be the weekend before my wife's birthday; the manager, sloane, surprised us with cupcakes. The rooms were spacious, the showers and hygiene products were great and the beds were very comfortable.

We ate at the Caucus Room for brunch, which was another great experience. Good food and timely service, as the waiter knew were trying to catch a train.

This hotel is also a great value for your money. We were going to stay at another hotel down the block, but it was twice as much

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Adam K.,
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at our Hotel. I will pass on your notes to Sloane and to our Restaurant Partners (Caucus Room). Take care and we hope to see you again in the future.

Peter Yeung,
Director of Operations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The wife and I had a wonderful Valentines weekend stay at the Westin Georgetown. The room was spacious and clean. Hotel is centrally located to many great restaurants and shopping. Sloane Aureli, the hotel's stay ambassador, went above and beyond by contacting us before our stay and then providing us with a hand written welcome card and cookies in the room. I've stayed in much pricier hotels in the DC area that lacked that kind of personal touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris M.,

I just want to Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your Valentine's Celebration. We know that there are MANY choices for Hotels in the District and beyond and we sincerely appreciate the you stayed with us. Sloane (our Stay Ambassodor) will be pleased to read about your feedback.

Take Care and hope to see you again soon,

Peter Yeung
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently held a two day meeting for my company at The Westin Georgetown in Washington, D.C. I was very pleased with the friendly and upbeat attention from the staff. In particular, Enrique Valdes. Mr. Valdes headed the security department and helped me out in a time of need. I had a few items that arrived late the night before my meeting. I needed to access the room in order to get these crucial items in the room to complete the setup. Mr. Valdes helped me out in a very friendly and cheerful manner. Then silly me, accidentally locked myself out of my room later that evening and went to the lobby to seek assistance. Guess who was there? You guessed it, Mr. Valdes! He once again came to my rescue by helping me get back into my room. Once again, in a very friendly manner. It is details like this that make a hotel experience very satisfying and enjoyable. I wanted to point out what an asset Enrique Valdes is to The Westin Hotel establishment. Thank you again Mr. Valdes. Your help was very much appreciated :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear James T.,

It is great to get such specific feedback about our Security Team. It is not offen that I get such detailed comments about them because they usually work hard "behind the scenes".
I look forward sharing your comments with our entire staff. Enrique is a great part of our Team and we are lucky to have him work at the Westin Georgetown. Take good care and thanks again for the notes.

Peter Yeung,
Director of Operations
New Jersy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night-college visits. Beautiful city hotel. Valet parking was ideal. Clean, green (heat only comes on when your room key is inserted on the thermostat), very comfy beds! Front desk very knowledgeable about the area. They called a cab for us to take us to American U. Later we walked back from GWU. Great location with plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Bar was nice, not typical food selections for late night. Wish they would have had a better "pub" selection for snacks. Would stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor inside room overlooking courtyard was very quiet!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

First off….WOW! What an incredible night I had at The Westin Georgetown. I can’t thank The Westin Georgetown enough for their wonderful hospitality they gave me for my early birthday celebration! A week prior to my arrival, I received an email from my own personal liaison at the hotel (first time that has ever happened to me!?!) letting me know that she was devoted solely to addressing my needs and was available before, during, and after my stay to assist with any requests. That commitment to service showed throughout the stay.

Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I were amazed of how beautiful the hotel looked. The front desk was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. Best part, check-out was even easier! The lobby was luxurious and not overly busy or noisy.

When we went upstairs, we were shocked by the room! My early birthday celebration was greeted with a handwritten note, chocolate chip cookies that had “Happy Birthday” written across them, and two very nice bottles of waters on the glass coffee table. I had tears in my eyes when I came in the door!

We stayed in the Studio Suite, which was more than nice for one night! The Studio Suite is perfect for a couple or a business traveler seeking extra space. It has an open layout and you can enjoy a peaceful view of the courtyard through the floor-to-ceiling window, which still features a dark curtain when sleeping, while relaxing in the suite’s sitting area with large armchairs, a loveseat, and a glass coffee table that make a comfy setting for watching the flat screen TV (boyfriend enjoyed). The room is very tastefully decorated and features beautiful landscape photographs of Georgetown!

We had unbelievably restful night in the Westin’s Heavenly Bed featuring clean sheets, down blankets, and fluffy pillows which I L-O-V-E-D! The room and floor were very, very quiet.

The spa-like bathroom includes a glass-enclosed rain shower with multiple heads, a HUGE separate soaking tub (I truly wish I tried the tub but we only stayed one night and didn’t have time), wonderful smelling shampoo and conditioner (I kept smelling my boyfriend’s hair after he used the shampoo), and a large bathrobe that provide the finishing touches to a refreshing bathing ritual (embarrassing to say that I have a bathing ritual) that melts tight muscles.

Overall, I had an incredible time! I highly recommend the Westin Georgetown and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you to The Westin Georgetown for your unbelievable hospitality! You really made me feel special celebrating my early birthday celebration.

Room Tip: Studio Suites are perfect for a couple or a business traveler seeking extra space. It has an open la...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Westin as part of a conference I was attending. Apparently it was restaurant week and rather than catering to the needs of weary business travelers, the hotel suspended its regular menus, forcing everyone to order from a pretentious and unsatisfying Prix Fixe menu. Despite a recent renovation, there are no accessible outlets near the bed, making charging cell phones used as alarm clocks impossible. The energy saving light system in my room was faulty but after a long day of conferences, I chose to walk around in a half dark room rather than deal with maintenance. All in all, they've lost sight of what business travelers need for a comfortable and convenient stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest Jcwine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will pass your message to the Restaurants as they are not managed by the Hotel. They are a independent Restaurant group that has leased out the space from the Hotel. In addition, we will definitely look into the power outlet situation with our Engineering team. We do understand the importance of easily accessible power outlets and how frustration it can be if not avaliable. Lastly, we will look into Evolve system in your room and make any neccessary adjustment to it. Thank you again for all your feedback.

Peter Yeung