My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Westin Georgetown. We stayed in a variety of places in the States and Europe during our recent trip away and this hotel was one of the better "value for money" places we stayed.
The rooms were clean and modern (comfy bed, great bathroom), and the staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful. The hotel was easy to get to: we flew into DCA then caught the Metro to Foggy Bottom and walked 5-10 minutes up the road to the hotel, which was an easy walk (with 2 large suitcases) and perhaps the only tricky part was crossing Washington Circle. We left DC on Amtrak and simply caught the bus from opposite Foggy Bottom Metro (there is another bus which picks you up closer I believe but it wasn't running when we left early in the morning). Easy!
The only downside for me about the hotel was the lack of free wi-fi.
Overall DC is a great city - the Smithsonian museums are all free and one of our highlights was biking around this fabulous city using the Capital Bikeshare bikes. As others have mentioned, this hotel isn't actually in Georgetown but Georgetown was so easy to get to using the bikeshare bikes (and definitely worth a visit). Another great find for us was Devon & Blakely which was a place that had inexpensive, healthy and delicious food (soups and salads etc.), just down the street near Washington Circle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin