“Beautiful hotel, conveniently located”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We enjoyed a brief weekend stay at this lovely hotel located in Foggy bottom near GW and within an easy walk to Georgetown. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was huge with a large tub (wish I'd had time to use it) and a not so huge, but still nice shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback & generous rating! Your feedback will be very useful to our future guests. We look forward to your return, and next time…make sure you enjoy our Heavenly Bath!
Stay well!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great and safe location in the heart of G Town on the best street for shopping. Excellent service, clean, large comfortable rooms. Only down side are the thin walls but the room next to me was my friend so I just asked him to turn down his Tv.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! Your information will be valuable to our future guests. We hope that you are able to visit with us again!
Thank you again & stay well.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Staff service excellent - at the level I expect for this type of hotel. Room nice, good size. Love the beds. Not sure why they chose for such a large soaking tub and smallish shower in the bathroom, but rain shower a nice touch. However, there were several small details that missed the mark - damaged light switch, toilet paper roll holder loose, and (strangely) two of the wall outlets and the temp control unit were all mounted at an angle - perhaps the electrician was having an off-kilter day. Nothing that affected the comfort of the room, but details that I don't expect to be missed at a westin. Lastly, and most annoyingly, they had installed the pressure-sensor mini bar (both the fridge and non-fridge items). These bother me as I feel they imply that the hotel can't trust me to not steal those precious $10 mini bottles of booze.

1  Thank steve h

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are very proud of our hotel and are disappointed to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations. Details are so important, especially to the trained eyes of our loyal customers. We hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you our way. We ask that you let us know of your next trip by contacting our Director of Operations, Peter Yeung.
Again, thank you for your time & stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Westin Georgetown is a fantastic Hotel in Washington. I have never been to a place were the staff was so courteous and was so extremely clean! The bed and room was very comfortable.
It is very close to the Metro train station and close to all the DC attractions..
I highly recommend this hotel!
A+++++++

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your generous words! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with our future guests. We hope that you are able to visit us again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel Manager, please confirm you are still using heavenly beds. Staff was friendly, Renovation is great, but my bed was hard. I always look forward to the heavenly Westin experience so hoping I had a very new room on the eighth floor and perhaps the bed just hadn't been broken in yet. My husband didn't mind it so maybe it's me but I stay in a lot of hotels and know this isn't what I'm used to.

1  Thank EventPlanner_7186700

Thank you for your inquiry! Yes, all of our rooms include the Westin Heavenly Bed. We apologize that your experience with the bed was not..heavenly. Should you be planning a return trip to our area, please connect with our Director of Operations, Peter Yeung at 202. 955.4437. It is important for us that your time with us enjoyable.
Thank you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This property was easy to access from the Metro with a short and enjoyable walk. I was in the City for a quick meeting and found the Westin Georgetown to be a place to get a great night's sleep. I found several small restaurants nearby where I had a great lunch on the patio when I arrived.

The staff were warm and extremely helpful. Despite some reviews remarking that this property was a ways from the center city I found this to only be a minor inconvenience. I was able to walk to the memorial sites without overexertion. In the morning it was a very quick run down to the mall and access to everything. Don't let the location fool you. The staff is great, rooms clean and comfortable and if you don't want to walk the metro is barely a block away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sb631

Thank you for taking time to share your review! Your review will assist our future guests plan for their trip! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel met your needs. We are proud that our team was able to make you stay memorable.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went here for our anniversary and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Valet service was quick. The room was a little small but king size bed and very comfy. The bathroom is very nice, love when the toilet is separate from the rest of the bathroom. Big tub and spa showers are a plus! I'm probably a little bias to this hotel considering this was our anniversary weekend and we also got engaged the first night we were there!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erin R
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you were able to share your special occasion with us! Thank you for your compliments to our staff. We are so proud of their passion for service! We are glad you enjoyed our heavenly bath, we like to think we have the best baths in town.
We do hope you return..cheers to another year of marriage happiness!