2,048 results
All reviewscaucus roomheavenly bedfront deskgreat locationm streetfoggy bottomlincoln memorialmini barfew blockswhite househotel restaurantvalet parkingnational mallmetro stationgeorgetownspgconcierge
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our 5th trip to DC in the past 6 months and obviously this is "our" hotel! With the exception of the first visit when we had a hard time getting an upgrade, we have been greeted warmly at check in and upgraded to lovely rooms/suites. The doormen and bellhops are friendly and always greet us by name with a smile. The renovations are complete and the new restaurant was beautiful. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try it.
Only very small gripe: wish they would put 2 robes in the room so we wouldn't have to ask.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are very quiet. Some rooms are FAR from the elevator so ask before checking in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your review and THANK YOU for your loyalty! Your review will help future guests. We have shared your feedback regarding the robes with our team. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

What we liked were, in no particular order: 1. the comfy bed, 2. the bathrooms- large, beautifully appointed, 3. the attentive service (e.g.,I left a pair of trousers there- housekeeping notified security, and now my slacks are en route home- and, it was nice to have the staff welcome us home after a long day of traipsing in the city) 4. the new restaurant- reasonably priced, modern decor, and a gracious, earnest waiter, 5. the deli across the street, 6. the short walk to the GWU-Foggy Bottom station. 7. the workout facilty- two large rooms and the pool suitable for lap swim (but paint the ends!!) Our only complaint MIGHT have been the paucity of restaurants in the immediate neighborhood, but was alleviated by "discovering" the in-house restaurant mentioned above.
Very much worth it, in my humble opinion. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Street side I felt was better than the court side, as there was a wedding that evening. Street noise almost non-existent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your review. Your feedback will assist future guests as well as us in making improvements (the pool paint) and to recognize the team for their positive work! We are very excited that you mentioned our new food & beverage venues that have recently opened.
We hope you enjoyed your Washington DC – Westin experience and look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spent last summer visiting colleges with my wife & son. The staff at The Westin Georgetown were very helpful and genuinely interested in making our stay delightful. Thank you Deenny for your useful local knowledge that helped us find great restaurants in the area.
The Silva family

Room Tip: Tell the reception what kind of room you want, i.e. very quiet at the end of the hallway, but more convenient near the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph S

Thank you for taking time to share your review & for recognizing one of the best Doormen in Washington DC, Deeney! We are so proud of our team and love to see our guests share their recognition of them as well.
We trust that your college tour was successful and wish you & your family well as you begin the next part of your journey.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently stayed at the hotel for work. It is perfectly situated for visitors to the city - both for work, attractions and restaurants etc. The staff are without exception extremely welcoming and helpful - especially Deenny, who numerous times looked after getting me where I needed to be - and always with a smile! Thank you Deenny!!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review, generous rating and especially for recognizing Deeney. We are so proud of our loyal & dedicated associates. Without them, we couldn’t deliver the service we pride ourselves on.
We look forward to your return and are truly grateful for your kind words.
Thank you.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you are visiting DC for business and want to be in a nice area like Georgetown, I highly recommend the hotel. If you are in DC to tour the capital, maybe you want to be further downtown.

Tip - go to the restaurant across the street - I believe it's called the Blue Duck Tavern. It's expensive but good.

The Westin's service was average - neither good nor bad, just average. They rushed me out on my check out day, even though I am a Starwood Platinum member.

Regarding the rooms, they are large, clean, and have whatever you need for a comfortable business trip. I do think there are better values in DC though, as my rate was rather high.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Your feedback will be helpful to our future guests. It is disappointing to see that you were rushed on Check Out day. That is not the service we pride ourselves on to any guest, especially our loyal SPG guests. We apologize for that.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again.