The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
$218
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$195
  • Breakfast included
$162
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$405
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$249
$433
$399
  • Room Service
2,008 results
All reviewscaucus roomheavenly bedfront deskgreat locationm streetfoggy bottomminute walklincoln memorialmini barbusiness tripfew blockswhite housevalet parkingnational mallmetro stationgeorgetownspg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Nestled in between the sights of DC and Georgetown (5-7 minute walk) the Westin was the perfect location. Extremely friendly service from every member of staff. We had a family trip and everyone had a great time (3 generations). The Westin beds are the best in the business. Rooms were promptly cleaned. Room service was fantastic. The bar was great with some nice beers on tap (Leffe Blonde). If I was to nitpick something it'd be that the concierge could have been a bit more helpful but the front desk had some great recommendations so we'll give the overall team a pass.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spicedawg
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near Georgetown and the Foggy Bottom metro station. The rooms were large, bright and airy. Quality was consistent with what I have come to expect from a Westin. Will recommend the hotel for business or families.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've always called this location the "Hotel Corner" b/c there is a Westin, a Fairmount & a Park Hyatt (and they've switched around over the years). Why anyone would stay at this Westin when the others are available is beyond me - looking for a cheaper alternative. I always say: You get what you pay for, so when you pay less, you get less.
The good: Nice arrival, great location, fabulous shower.
The rest: Shall I start with the arrival? I'm a Starwood Platinum member, so there is a certain level of service I expect in general and from all Starwood properties. We have a problem when I can't understand the woman checking me in. (In DC there is a need for staff that can speak many languages, but they must be able to speak understandable English, too.). The woman was trying to tell me the room had been cleared of feathers. I asked her 5 times to repeat herself b/c I hadn't a clue what she was saying. Her colleague finally translated for me. She said it was in my profile. I stay at Starwood properties all the time & have never asked for a bed or pillow without feathers. Ever. I asked her to correct it and send up feather pillows.
They never came.
As a Starwood Platinum I'm supposed to get an upgrade when available. I checked in at 9pm for a 1-night stay & was told no upgrades were available, that they were sold out, but that I had a nice king room on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor. I highly doubted her reasoning (and I get the SPG floor anyhow), so when I got to my room I checked on line. There were rooms & rooms bigger than mine available.
My 'nice king room' looked out onto another building.
I called room service to find out whether they could have stuff from the restaurant. I was told "sure, but it is the same except for a few items." I asked if I could see the menu. I was told "oh, uh, I guess I can transfer you there, but they'll just transfer you right back to me."
Serious attitude. (If you have a bad day, you don't take it out on customers.)
I went to the bar/restaurant & found lots of different things (& wines by the glass), ordered it to go & took it upstairs.
Then I called for a wake-up call at 5am. Never came.
I mentioned that problem on my way out, and was told, "oh, well, you know, we're working with a new system." That is your problem, not mine, but you made it mine.
This is a fine hotel for vacationers, weekenders, or those who are used to lower-end motels/Four Points, etc. It is not good for business or for those who are used to high-end hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ilovemanhattanNyc
bhutchins, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations while you were here. We make an attempt to keep guest preferences on file in order to customize your experience when you return. We will be sure to remove this preference from your profile. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your experience. Please feel free to reach me directly at 202-955-4437 or brian.hutchins@westin.com. I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

Be Well,

Brian Hutchins
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I guess I expected more from a Westin, especially as a Starwood Gold member. No one went out of their way unless it involved a tip. The food was very average. The room was OK, but the bathroom had issues -- luckily it was online night. This is definitely an older hotel that's been converted. On the positive side, the location is great!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Great 2 day trip to DC. The hotel staff was extremely gracious and we will choose this hotel again if ever we vacation again in DC. Not sure why this hotel only received 3 stars on google reviews at the time of our trip

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple