2,048 results
All reviewscaucus roomheavenly bedfront deskgreat locationm streetfoggy bottomlincoln memorialmini barfew blockswhite househotel restaurantvalet parkingnational mallmetro stationgeorgetownspgconcierge
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Self-parking ( $28 per day) is on the south-west corner of the hotel. As you drive in, continue to the far side of the lot and you will be very close to the elevator to the lobby. Once you check in, your room key gives you access to the room floors. A good security feature. The room ( king) on the 8th floor was basic. Comfortable bed, good size TV, comfortable air con. Great front staff - helpful and friendly. Go to the hotel website for best deals. We paid $130 per night.
The Lincoln Memorial is just a few blocks south - a pleasant walk or $ 7 taxi. We really enjoyed seeing all the sites ( free ) as they are all enclosed in close proximity to one another. We saw the Lincoln, Viet Nam. Korean War, Roosevelt, Jefferson, and Washington monuments by lunch hour. The next morning, we visited Arlington Memorial Cemetery, Smithsonian, and the White house.
Both afternoons we strolled through Georgetown, just a five minute walk down the street from the hotel. Lots of excellent restaurants and shopping. Lunch anywhere is $15-25 pp. One of our best restaurants was across the street from the Westin (literally) at the Blue Duck Tavern restaurant in the Hyatt Hotel. Wine, crabcake entrees, dessert
( all fabulous) for $60pp. The next night at Kramer's BookStore and Restaurant at Dupont Circle ( $8 taxi) had crabcake pasta ( excellent) and wine + dessert for $35 pp.
The Westin was good but basic - but the location, restaurants, and the amazing memorials were priceless ! Loved Washington, D.C. Will definately return. Enjoy !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

As a Washingtonian, SPG elite member, and world traveler, I decided to finally pay attention and dedicate a week of my time by staying at a select few of the SPG hotels here in DC and the surrounding areas (the burbs) in order to help tourists/businessmen, etc that aren't familiar with our wonderful city.
The Westin Georgetown is in a great location! Convenient to the hip/trendy boutiques of M Street as well as convenient to wonderful cafes, restaurants, bars, and spas/salons.
As an SPG elite, check-in went very smoothly. The woman helping me at the desk was very friendly. My first impression of the lobby was dark. It's a dim lit ambiance.
My guestroom, a Deluxe King, room 636, is fairly large! Your standard Westin layout. The bathroom is really big with excellent lighting! There's no view from the window, but to be completely honest, it feels much more private.
Now, to my complaints. The room is very dusty, in fact, pieces of hair were still on the cordless phone on the bed stand as well as on the radio and light (and trust me, I'm FAR from a neat freak!)
When I FIRST got to the room I went to the bathroom and saw that the toilet seat clearly is worn and needs to be replaced. Also, the toilet seat was wet, there was a hair on the toilet seat as well. Even though for all the dust, the wet toilet with hair on toilet seat, and obviously worn toilet seat, I didn't complain, I CLEANED it myself. Also, the toilet makes a LOUD noise every 10-15 MINUTES OR SO!! ITS ANNOYING! NEED TO CHECK PLUMBING!!
I usually don't complain to the front desk unless something really gets to me. For complaints like this, I ALWAYS call SPG CORPORATE as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!
As for room service. I ordered a roasted turkey sandwich on toasted whole grain. I'm on a special diet and talked to the very friendly and accommodating woman from Service Express on the phone to make specific adjustments etc... to the sandwich. She personally talked to the chef to make sure everything was done correctly, and she even called me back to ask if I wanted french fries. Since I didn't, she sent me up a salad. Later on, she even called back to check up on me asking how it was, if it was done correctly etc... and complimenting me on my will power lol. Every staff member that I've encountered in the hotel has been very friendly.
All in all, this is a good hotel for those tourists or businessmen wishing to be in the Georgetown or George Washington University area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and showed up at 12;30PM and they got us right into a room. That was important even though they say check in is 3:00pm. The room was clean and comfortable with great beds and a large bathroom with the separate shower.

There is the metro a few blocks away that will take you anywhere by the hospital. I recommend trying the food in the dining room right inside the doors of the hospital by the metro for a great and affordable lunch. Also there is a 24hr CVS just a block away from the hotel. Very convenient. We also were able to use the computer in the business center for no charge, just ask the front desk and they will help.

We were able to store our luggage upon checkout in the lobby, but I did email them several times before arriving asking if they had that service and never got a reply. My only disappointment.

All in all a real oasis that my 11 yr old said was the best place she has stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Although the oustide of the hotel looks nice, the rooms we were given were small and awkward witha slanted hallway and difficult to deal with doors. The new "green" system which shuts off the air and power when you are not in the room left the rooms very musty smelling every time we came back, and took to long to cool off in the summer heat. The beds were fine. The bar Dusk had a nice atmosphere, but the breaskfast buffert looked like it came from a much lower chain hotel. For the price, I would stay somewhere else next time. The gym was tiny and the equipment was sub par. No hot tub and only a small outdoor pool, suitable only for little kids in the summer months.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LunchOutAgain
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Average hotel, ok level of service. Big rooms and bathrooms. But the hotel needs to be renovated rather soon. It looks a bit old fashioned and in fact it is strange they didn't do anything the last five years.

On the other side it had a great gym, the location is perfect for Georgetown. And the bed was relly nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business