“Excellent Tour Company - Great way to see Washington DC”

Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had booked day and night private tours with Tiber Creek Tours of DC and thought their service and knowledge was superb. This is review of what we did during our day tour. We were picked up by a chauffeur-driven Lincoln Town Car from our hotel. Our guide for the day was Eric Lewis, very knowledgeable on the history of the entire city and a photographer to pick out the best photo opportunities. So if you are a keen photographer like myself than request him. Our morning tour starts with Arlington National Cemetery, including a stop at the Tomb of the Unknowns for a viewing of the changing of the guards and views of Washington from Arlington Heights. Next stops are the National Air Force Memorial and U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial with views of Washington and the National Mall from Virginia. Eric makes a special stop at the The John F. Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts, providing views of the Potomac River, Georgetown Riverfront Park and The Watergate Hotel (which is next door). Our final morning stop is the White House and Lafayette Square. I get dropped off at the Tidal Basin for a walk around visiting the memorials of Martin Luther King Jr, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson before walking back catching a taxi back to the hotel. While Michelle was dropped off straight back at the hotel. Would highly recommend this company that is looking to get more out of a day tour around Washington DC. Hopefully can get back and use them again. So much to explore if Washington DC and helps to have a great guide.

2  Thank George G
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hi George G,
Thank you for writing such a warm recommendation and a detailed review of your day tour. I’ve seen the wonderful photos you took during your tours; Eric did take you to a lot of fantastic sites for photography. He’s a great guide, an avid photographer, and has the best photo opportunities mapped out, which is the perfect combination for a photo tour of Washington. I’m glad you enjoyed your tours with him, I know he enjoyed spending the day with you and Michelle.

I hope you can come back sometime, too; there is a lot more to explore in Washington!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you want a great experience in DC night tours , this is the company to choose! We researched several companies before choosing Timber Creek and the private tour is the way to go! I did not think it was much more expensive and the owner Chris answers the phone! Our guide Clift was a dictionary of history and even though we had age ranges from teens to a 80 year old, he helped us all enjoy learning how special our American history is. Many thanks from South Dakota!

Hi 15yearsleft,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We were flattered that you chose us to give your family and friends a post-wedding tour of Washington after such a special day. Clift really enjoyed showing everyone how special American history is: And you’re right, he does know so much about this nation's history and is able to captivate all sorts of listeners, whatever their age. We think those are essential skills for a top-notch guide, and Clift is certainly one of our best!

I hope you had a nice trip back to South Dakota and brought with you some wonderful memories from our nation’s capital.

Come back and see us any time!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I are from Canada. To hear your National Anthem, after experiencing our tour
with Tiber Creek, and our guide, Eric, brings us a new understanding to what the lyrics mean.
My husband and I will treasure our memories, but can really begin to understand, what being an
American is all about. Thank you so much.

Brian and Cheryl

1  Thank Cheryl K
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hi Cheryl K,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It’s our goal to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experiences and memories to treasure and we’re flattered that your tours gave you this new understanding. And that's a wonderful compliment and a real testament to Eric’s reverence for Washington and showing all its majesty to guests.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip out west and that you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking for evening tour if DC monuments and memorials. Received immediate return call after email and voice message from Chris. Eric was our guide and filled us with lots of trivia and history!

1  Thank Deckwalker
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hi Deckwalker,
Thank you so much for writing a review, and so quickly, too! I’m glad we could accommodate you for a last minute booking and that you had such a great time on tour. We’re always happy to set up tours anytime, even at a moment’s notice. I hope you come back soon to see even more of Washington.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I had a great time on our tour with Tiber Creek. Our guides Jim and Eric were both fantastic. Both of these guys pointed out things to us that we would have never noticed and have so much knowledge of history, architecture, politics and just plain entertaining facts about the area. We learned so much and saw everything that we had on our itinerary and then some. We initially booked for 2 days with Tiber Creek, but after the 1st day, we decided to book for the rest of the week. The guides and the drivers are super friendly. We didn't waste any time trying to find our way around the city, trying to get tickets or find a place to park. We were picked up each morning at our hotel and dropped off with our guide at the attractions that we had previously decided upon. It was unseasonably hot and having a cool air conditioned automobile with ice cold water waiting for you at the end was so nice. My husband initially thought we could tour the city on our own and wasn't completely onboard for getting a tour guide. He was so pleased with our experience, he has told everyone that that having Tiber Creek show us the city was the best part of the trip. Chris ( the owner) contacted us and dropped by to see us while we were at lunch to meet us and to make sure that we were having a great time and that we were getting to see everything that we wanted to see. Love, Love, Love Tiber Creek Tours. The best money you will spend.

2  Thank JeriNokes

Hi JeriNokes,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, I’m happy you and your husband had an awesome experience on tour with us for the week! It’s wonderful that your husband ended up saying that touring with us was the best part of the trip. We're proud to have two top-notch guides in Jim and Eric—they have years and years of private touring experience and training and they both really know how to make guests happy.

I hope you and your husband come back to D.C. soon!