“Wonderful night tour by a company that is top notch!”

Tiber Creek Tours of DC
Ranked #12 of 155 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you want a great experience in DC night tours , this is the company to choose! We researched several companies before choosing Timber Creek and the private tour is the way to go! I did not think it was much more expensive and the owner Chris answers the phone! Our guide Clift was a dictionary of history and even though we had age ranges from teens to a 80 year old, he helped us all enjoy learning how special our American history is. Many thanks from South Dakota!

Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hi 15yearsleft,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We were flattered that you chose us to give your family and friends a post-wedding tour of Washington after such a special day. Clift really enjoyed showing everyone how special American history is: And you’re right, he does know so much about this nation's history and is able to captivate all sorts of listeners, whatever their age. We think those are essential skills for a top-notch guide, and Clift is certainly one of our best!

I hope you had a nice trip back to South Dakota and brought with you some wonderful memories from our nation’s capital.

Come back and see us any time!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 13 reviews
"tour company"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 4 reviews
in 75 reviews
"sites"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I are from Canada. To hear your National Anthem, after experiencing our tour
with Tiber Creek, and our guide, Eric, brings us a new understanding to what the lyrics mean.
My husband and I will treasure our memories, but can really begin to understand, what being an
American is all about. Thank you so much.

Brian and Cheryl

1  Thank Cheryl K
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hi Cheryl K,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It’s our goal to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experiences and memories to treasure and we’re flattered that your tours gave you this new understanding. And that's a wonderful compliment and a real testament to Eric’s reverence for Washington and showing all its majesty to guests.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip out west and that you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking for evening tour if DC monuments and memorials. Received immediate return call after email and voice message from Chris. Eric was our guide and filled us with lots of trivia and history!

1  Thank Deckwalker
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hi Deckwalker,
Thank you so much for writing a review, and so quickly, too! I’m glad we could accommodate you for a last minute booking and that you had such a great time on tour. We’re always happy to set up tours anytime, even at a moment’s notice. I hope you come back soon to see even more of Washington.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I had a great time on our tour with Tiber Creek. Our guides Jim and Eric were both fantastic. Both of these guys pointed out things to us that we would have never noticed and have so much knowledge of history, architecture, politics and just plain entertaining facts about the area. We learned so much and saw everything that we had on our itinerary and then some. We initially booked for 2 days with Tiber Creek, but after the 1st day, we decided to book for the rest of the week. The guides and the drivers are super friendly. We didn't waste any time trying to find our way around the city, trying to get tickets or find a place to park. We were picked up each morning at our hotel and dropped off with our guide at the attractions that we had previously decided upon. It was unseasonably hot and having a cool air conditioned automobile with ice cold water waiting for you at the end was so nice. My husband initially thought we could tour the city on our own and wasn't completely onboard for getting a tour guide. He was so pleased with our experience, he has told everyone that that having Tiber Creek show us the city was the best part of the trip. Chris ( the owner) contacted us and dropped by to see us while we were at lunch to meet us and to make sure that we were having a great time and that we were getting to see everything that we wanted to see. Love, Love, Love Tiber Creek Tours. The best money you will spend.

2  Thank JeriNokes

Hi JeriNokes,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, I’m happy you and your husband had an awesome experience on tour with us for the week! It’s wonderful that your husband ended up saying that touring with us was the best part of the trip. We're proud to have two top-notch guides in Jim and Eric—they have years and years of private touring experience and training and they both really know how to make guests happy.

I hope you and your husband come back to D.C. soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I are from the Philadelphia area, and for our 41st anniversary I thought it would be nice to spend a long weekend in Washington D.C. My husband, who is a huge history buff, had never been to D.C. and I hadn’t been there since I was 10 years old. It was on our “Bucket List”. I did some research online and decided that Tiber Creek Tours was just what we were looking for in a tour.

I emailed Larry Clarke and he patiently worked with us via email and by phone. He was pleasant and professional to work with. We scheduled a full day tour of D.C. beginning with the walking tour of Arlington Cemetery followed by the Welcome to D.C. Tour.

Our tour certainly exceeded our expectations. Larry was engaging, very knowledgeable and had an enjoyable sense of humor. Larry was also accommodating to our comfort in the July heat. Our driver, Louis, also made our experience enjoyable.

We will definitely recommend Tiber Creek Tours to our family and friends and hopefully my husband and I will return for another tour with Larry.

4  Thank Maureen C