“The best " bang for your buck tour of DC ever "”

Tiber Creek Tours of DC
Ranked #36 of 147 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had searched online for highly rated tour companies in DC to book with prior to our 4 day visit to the area with our two boys , 8 and 10 years old . The Tiber Creek name came up consistently so we decided to book with them . Prior to the tour , the owner Chris , called and emailed with questions about our interests and our " must see list " so that he could match us with the best guide and tailor our tour to our specific interests . We took a night tour and an afternoon tour both of which were excellent . Clift,our guide was very knowledgable , in particular about Arlington where we watched the changing of the guard , spellbound . He engaged the boys at their level of knowledge , and shared interesting trivia as well as the basic information . My husband and I both felt like not a minute was wasted but we didn't feel rushed either .The day after our tour , we were contacted by Chris , who ,to our surprise offered us passes to the House Chamber as he remembered us telling him that we were going there that day. It is difficult to find that level of customer service these days . We have done a dozen private tours in both the US and overseas and this ranks right up there with the best .

1  Thank Crrevelles
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi Crrevelles,
Thank you for such a great review. I’m really pleased that matching you and your family with Clift resulted in a great two days of touring. I wish I could claim some sort of brilliance in doing so, but Clift is our tour director and one of our best guides and always gives a great tour. Clift is a real expert on Arlington and he does have a phenomenal way of engaging and entertaining children and adults. I really liked how you described your tours with Clift as “not a minute was wasted but we didn’t feel rushed, either.” And I’m very happy that the passes to the Capitol made your time more enjoyable there - we always like to help our guests with their time in D.C., even when they’re not on tour with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our family visited DC to celebrate our daughter's high school graduation. None of us had ever been before so we weren't sure exactly how to go about seeing ALL the monuments, museums, etc. Started by looking into tours and came across such amazing reviews of Tiber Creek Tours. I was intrigued so I called and spoke to Chris by phone and email and he was so accomodating and answered all my questions. If I'm being honest, I was very apprehensive of the cost and whether it would actually be worth it. It absolutely was!!

We ended up taking the night tour the first evening we arrived. Chris came to personally meet our family, introduced us to our guide, Erik (awesome guide by the way) and they brought my daughter a bouquet of flowers to congratulate her on her graduation! Very nice touch! We were whisked away from the front door of our hotel to all the monuments. After planning every detail of our vacation for months, it was such a joy to be able to sit back and not have to think about anything. I just enjoyed the ride, visiting each amazing monument and learning things we would have not discovered on our own without a lot of studying. Our kids are 18, 13 & 9 and they loved every minute. Erik did a great job of involving the entire family and even turned into an on-the spot meteorologist when a sudden storm appeared at the Lincoln Memorial. He very confidently told me it should pass in 10 minutes or so...he was right! If you can budget this into your visit to DC, I would highly suggest it. It's an awesome way to experience the monuments and gives you time to thoroughly enjoy and make memories without stressing. What we accomplished in 3 hours would have easily taken us a major part of a day on our own. We used the rest of our week taking our time in the museums, etc.

Thank you Chris and Erik for exceeding my expectations and helping our family make great memories on this vacation!

1  Thank onthegomommy

Hi onthegomommy,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. A trip to D.C. is a wonderful graduation present for your daughter and I was very happy that I got a chance to meet you and your family. I'm especially happy, too, that we were able to give you "time to thoroughly enjoy and make memories without stressing." It's often difficult for the people who plan vacations to do just that and it's great to hear that we helped you enjoy your time in Washington.

We’re looking forward to seeing you again for the next graduations!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our group came to Washington DC as a part of National History Day. We had a group of 11, 6 students ages 10-14 and 5 parents. Tiber Creek Tours went out of their way to make sure everyone had a great experience. Including helping us to see the Berlin Wall Exhibit at the Newseum before we even began their tour. The Mercedes Sprinter was the perfect vehicle to see DC by night, comfortably. Chris, the planning and scheduling contact, was very attentive. He customized our tour, even with a few last minute changes, with professionalism and flexibility. Eric, our guide, had everyone engaged and having fun while helping us experience the DC monuments in a meaningful way. Having a driver and a dedicated tour guide really maximized our experience. I can highly recommend this company, and plan to use them again when our family comes to the area in the future. They are well worth every penny!

Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Hi Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm very happy that you considered your tour worth every penny. It was our pleasure to work with you and it's wonderful to hear that everyone had a great experience. Thanks, too, for emailing the photo of the students at the Berlin Wall Exhibit: I'm glad they got a chance to see it at the Newseum after all the hard work they did for the National History Day National Competition. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you visit!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This tour was fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone considering taking a DC area tour or site-seeing on their own. We were picked up directly from our hotel by our tour guide (Eric) and driver, who were both friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Being dropped off and picked up at the entrances to each site allowed us to access so many areas in the short 4 hours we were touring. Yes, you can see the sites without a tour... but you won't see nearly as many in your chosen time frame (what we saw could have easily consumed the whole day with traditional transportation, figuring out where to go, etc) and you certainly won't glean as much information without a tour (or spending extensive time on your own researching the internet), which is really what makes everything interesting and memorable. And, as a side note, my 12 year old loved getting in and out of the town car and feeling like a VIP;)...

3  Thank Suzanne M
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Hi Suzanne,
I emailed you a month ago about your review, but I was about to respond to other recent reviews and I thought it would look strange if yours was the only one that didn't get a reply. So thank you again for such a nice review, it was great having the three of you on tour with us. I'm glad you saw a lot while on tour: our guides and drivers spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best routes and coordinating the pick ups and drop offs, so it's very gratifying to see your comments. And I'm glad your son felt like a VIP!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked this tour at the very last minute (Chris was amazing at accomodating us) and was still questioning my decision the morning we left as is was easily the most expensive tour I have ever gone on. I quickly decided that this might have been the best decision I made for the entire trip. We were picked up at our hotel by our driver Jerry. The vehicle was clean and Jerry was not only a great driver but extremely personable, making our drive itself an excellent experience. When we got to DC (we were picked up in Reston) we met our guide Eric and from the first moment my son (13 years old) and I met him we had a great time. He engaged my son in every aspect of the tour by not only educating him but asking him questions that really made him think and come to conclusions on his own. Eric quickly picked up on the fact that I am not a big fan of crowds and without saying a word made a point of getting us into spots that were less crowded and more conducive to the three of us having conversation. We went on the Welcome to DC tour and honestly if I had know how great it was going to be I would have booked an entire day so we could have seen more. This tour was a highlight of our entire week and worth every penny!!

2  Thank mccm825
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi mccm825,
Thank you for such a warm review. It's wonderful to read that your tour with us was the highlight of your entire week and worth every penny! Those are great details, too: how Eric managed to engage your son and make him come to conclusions on his own and also how Eric sensed that you're not a fan of crowds and made sure to lead you to less crowded spots. It's hard sometimes to describe the exact qualities that make an excellent guide, but it's often the little things that really make a difference. And thanks, too, for the kind words about Jerry, he really appreciated what you wrote.

I hope you and your son get a chance to come back sometime in the future, I'm sure Eric will have more interesting facts and stories!