“Not enough stars to rate this what it should be”

Tiber Creek Tours of DC
Ranked #39 of 148 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Start saving your money now for this tour....yes, it is expensive since it is private but it was the ABSOLUTE HIGHLIGHT of our trip. We are a family of 5, with kids age 18, 13, 8, and our guide appealed to every level in our group. We opted for the four hour ($695) tour so we could go over to the Pentagon and see that memorial and, boy, are we glad we did. We booked at the last minute (within a week) and Chris contacted us with information immediately. After reading the reviews here, I could tell ALL the guides are great but LARRY stood out the most and I was on bended knee praying that we would get him.....we did! He called me and we started planning our itinerary. I trusted him with what he knew we needed to see. He picked us up in a suburban at 6:30 and it was nonstop fascinating information for the next four hours. I was so afraid my kids would get tired and fall asleep on this expensive tour but I had nothing to worry about. Larry filled our heads with so much interesting information that we could have listened another four hours. (By the way, you feel very special being in a private tour with a small group when you pass a large group.) Again, you are thinking...wow! That's so expensive and you are right but you get what you pay for in this situation and it is cream of the crop! This tour covers so much that we had extra time to do extra things because Larry took us to all the major sites.....he made history come alive for my kids. Start saving now cause it is worth it!

3  Thank LLPProsper_Tx
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi,
Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your tour. Just seeing the tile of the review and reading that it was the "absolute highlight" of your trip really made our week! It was great having you and your family on tour with us and we hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Kindest regards,
Chris

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just finished two private tours this week and had a fabulous time. Carol was our tour guide and we were so impressed with her vast knowledge! She was our tour guide both days and we could not have hoped for better. If you don't have lots of time but want to see everything DC has to offer Tiber Creek is the way to go. Chris was very helpful with the booking process and even got the right snacks for the tour! Thanks for the great time Carol! I highly encourage anyone to take the time for any of their tours.

Mark and Jeanene Henderson

2  Thank mustbluv
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best trip we have ever had to Washington DC. This tour exceeded our expectations 110%!!! Eric was our guide and was nothing short of outstanding. The tour manager Chris met us for lunch after our tour to see how it went and to get our feedback. This is old school customer service and we love it. We will do this again. Outstanding tour....

1  Thank Pat B
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Tours of DC, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Hi Pat B,
Thanks so much for the warm review and I'm happy we exceeded your expectations. Eric said he had a great time touring with you and he was especially pleased to hear that he added to your knowledge of Arlington National Cemetery. We're looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town - and again, happy anniversary!

Kindest regards,
Chris

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our global procurement team recently held our 2013 strategy session in DC and as a team event we hired Tiber Creek Tours to give our people from around the world their 4 hour Welcome to DC tour. Having read all of the amazing tripadvisor reviews we knew we would have a great experience. They exceeded our expectations and then some. From the first inquiry to the actual tour, I really felt like I was working with professionals that I been working with for years. The ease of the transactional part, to coordinating the itinerary, and then the final delivery of the tour made the experience simply perfect. The day started right on time with Larry, our tour guide and our driver arriving in a beautiful mercedes van that was to be our carriage for the day. Larry has got to be the most amazing guide of DC known to man. His depth of knowledge about DC and political history interwoven with his captivating storytelling made us all enjoy the day immensly. He held the attention of a dozen jet lagged procurement executives from all corners of the world for hours. It gave our colleagues from Europe and India a greater understanding of the pride Americans have in our history and as one of the Americans on the tour, I can honestly say I learned more in 4 hours with Larry than I did through many years of school. I’m sure this is due to Larry’s passionate delivery and attention to detail. The group had so many questions and Larry had fun with us, quizzing the Americans on our history and giving major props to one very knowledgable person in our group. The time flew quickly, many photo’s were taken, and we all walked away grateful for the expert and professional services provided to us by Larry on behalf of Tiber Creek Tours. I would highly recommend them for a family tour, corporate tour, or any other tour of DC, worth every penny and an experience like no other!

2  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently took 130 8th graders to Washington DC for 3 days. We booked our trip with a tour company that recommended using a tour guide. At first I was surprised and not sure that it was necessary. After all, weren't all of the the monuments and buildings self explanatory? Since it was my first trip I went with the recommendation and was thrilled to have Larry Clark as our tour guide! He was remarkable and I would never take a group trip to Washington DC without booking him as our guide! His enthusiasm was infectious. His knowledge of the history of the city was incredible. His love of teaching was phenomenal! He had the kids begging to teach them more; they couldn't get enough. It literally was a classroom without walls. Larry's professional attitude, love of history, and friendly personality made our trip to DC one of the most memorable events in our lives. You haven't experienced DC until you have Larry Clark as your tour guide!

3  Thank Lara M