“Best Tour Ever!!!”

Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC
Ranked #34 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Evergreen, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever!!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Chris and Larry set up a fantastic tour for myself, wife and grandson. Adam, the tour guide, met us at the hotel and after a few minutes of preparation off we went. We saw and stopped at all the major sights and monuments. Adam was great with our grandson and even awarded him with a prize at the end of the tour.
For my money this was the best way to see Washington! Good people, good times and well worth it! Hats off to Chris, Larry and Adam!!
We will deffinately call you when we return with the next grandson!!

Buzz

Visited November 2012
3 Thank charler22

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Outrageous! The Best Ever! & Beyond ALL Expectations...”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

These guys MADE the trip a genuine success! It was worth every penny and more.

For once in many many years of vacationing, everything simply worked! It was GREAT fun, informative, relaxed...perfect in every way. CHRIS, from the inside, expertly planned the tours, made the arrangements, and most importantly, dealt with me and all my craziness, our family needs (high schoolers to grandparents), special requirements and desires. Chris added all those personal touches that create TRUST. I must say I was quite excited to learn LARRY was to be our guide. With all the blazing reviews, my expectations were set high, and let me say there was no disappointment! He was LIKE FAMILY from our first hello. From the beginning, Larry kept us wanting more! He simply knows everything, about everything. He is interesting, fun, accommodating ( he even pushed my mom around in her wheelchair at Arlington National Cemetary for 3 hours!!!) and a real patriot! He clearly loves people and is truly invested in making sure you get what YOU want from the tour.

For our short stay we booked three separate services: an airport pick up with a small, "whet your appetite" stop at the National Cathederal and Hotel drop off. That night we were whisked off for a fabulous 3 hour night tour, and let me say it was better than advertised. The next day, Larry was waiting for us after our White House tour to guide us through the intricacies of the Arlington Cemetary and the thousands of interesting historical facts, that he somehow knows, and finally our time ended with a few more monument sights.

When it was finally over, we were disappointed to have it all end. Everyone in our group had a fabulous time, a whirlwind of fun, intrigue, and fascination. Bottom line-if you want a great trip, book with Tiber Creek Tours!

Two months later, and as we remember the trip, we are all in agreement, Chris and Larry of Tiber Creek Tours, and our lovely driver John - (very kind and accommodating) were by far the best part of the trip -- even better than the White House Tour!

Don't hesitate-- these guys are the real deal, they will turn your trip into the best memory ever!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank pwog61
Minneapolis, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommend Tiber Creek Tours!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We sent our parents to Washington, D.C. for their 40th anniversary and decided to use Tiber Creek Tours based on recommendations off of Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed and would highly recommend them to anyone visiting this area.

From the initial inquiry to the tour itself, I was impressed by the prompt responses, attention to detail and geniune interest in making this tour the highlight of the trip. Chris in the office was incredibly helpful in understanding exactly what we wanted to do and was so helpful and patient as we waited to hear back from the White House. In the days leading up to the tour, he was extremely diligent in making sure that every last detail was taken care of. He took many last minute changes and requests and seamlessly incorporated them into the tour.

My parents did two days worth of tours. They raved each day of the things they saw, the vast amount of knowledge the tour guides had, and just overall what an amazing experience it was. They were able to see many off the beaten paths sites that were off interest to them, and Cliff and Larry were remarkable and accommodating guides. The tours with Tiber Creek were the highlight of the trip.

Again, I would 100% recommend using this company to anyone visiting Washington, D.C. It is worth the investment to making the most out of your time in the city and getting to see all the sites - both those you know of and those you've yet to find. Five stars to Tiber Creek!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank obriek1
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Luxurious, punctual, informative”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose Tiber Creek based upon the reviews seen on this site. As the reviews suggest, they live up to their ratings. My wife and two children were transported to/from BWI and toured with Melissa. She told us a funny story about the 'ninja secret service' agents frightening eight graders trying to climb over the fence at the White House (the kids loved it). We just happened to see a live session of congress. Melissa provided a plethora of information despite our interruptions and constant questions (we are history buffs). She even did research before our second tour to answer questions about the guns used in several famous assassinations (we like guns). She positioned us perfectly at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to see the inspection of the new guard. All the other people sat in the middle and missed the best part. Kudos Melissa.

There is absolutely no way that you can see this many sites in such a short period of time. Having a driver and guide are indispensable.

Thanks to our driver, Sidi. Yes, it is expensive but worth the money.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank chestpain
Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply the Best!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I contacted Larry of Tiber Creek Tours in July and asked for his help in planning a trip in September for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. What started out as a small, two-person tour evolved to eight people (including myself). Throughout the ever-changing planning, Larry and Chris where very accommodating and were in constant communication to ensure that this tour was perfect. I could not have asked for a better, more memorable trip. The driver was great! The vehicle was over-the-top! The tour guide (Larry) was simply the best! He really loves D.C. and its history. His endless knowledge of history and little-known trivial facts made the trip very interesting and fun!

Thank you Larry and Chris for a wonderful trip and an ever-lasting memory my parents and the family and friends who joined them.

Visited September 2012