“Yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Near Archives Navy Metro Station
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

We were ready for lunch when we emerged from the Metro & just standing looking around to decide where to go nearby. A very nice gentleman from the area stopped to help us. He recommended this place.

Let me get the bad over with first. The tables are extremely close. There! That’s done!

The hostess took our order when she seated us. By the time she came back with our drinks, we were ready. He had the smokehouse burger and loved it. It was a bit messy but he said it was worth it!

I had a bowl of chili which was delicious if a bit on the spicy side for me. It was served with oyster crackers & a sour cream horse radish sauce. I took the sour cream stuff off!

I can highly recommend this one if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Lucky for us we came across this little gem after a long day of walking and sightseeing- worked up an appetite and clearly came to the right place. Was packed due to the football being one which created a great vibe. The lady that served us was extremely helpful and friendly. Food was great - all had something different and each dish was fantastic. Wish we were here longer so we could go back

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

We eat there in a very hot day and when we come in they immediately offered us some cold water. The meat was good and so the fries ! The best part where the tv's in the bathroom

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Called in here this evening on the last night of our 3 week USA holiday, looking for a classic sports bar evening to round it all off. Great choice. Friendly staff, quick service, a good selection of beers and high quality TV's everywhere - even in the rest rooms. (The gents had one over each urinal so you missed nothing sports wise! The Ladies had to share one over the sinks!)

The food did not disappoint either. We shared a delicious Mac, Cheese and Brisket appetiser. Then it was a burger with onion rings for me - the onion rings being home made, not frozen, and a lovely medium cooked burger. My wife went for the brisket with sweet potato and collared greens. Great veg, and although the brisket was nice we have had better.

Overall a good evening. Do give it a try.

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Terrible service. I arrived with my friend for drinks and food, sit in the last table and asked the waiter if he can connect my phone anywhere because it was dead and I needed for Uber (I provided the charger). And he was so Rude and arrogant and said that they don’t do that and less when it was a game day. We were so disappointed at his lack of touch, empathy and willingness to serve that we leave the place. Please control your employees. There are manners even if the answer was no. It was las Sunday around 3pm.

Date of visit: October 2018
John S, Owner at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi Laneyscha, we would like to apologize for this negative experience. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately! If you could reach out to us at info@pennquartersportstavern.com, we'd like to assure you that this is not the norm for our establishment.