“SURPRISINGLY GOOD”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Near Archives Navy Metro Station
Reviewed October 8, 2013

we stopped in here expecting usual bar food .it was busy but we got a table right away .we ordered and we received the food quickly .food was very good and portions were very large .I would recommend it highly

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stumbled here after a day of touring before hitting the metro. Our server Mark recommended the burgers and we all ordered. I had the surf and turf....perfect. Others had the bleu and bacon. Great service, constant clearing and checking on us and they were packed. Thank you Mark for making happy hour just that!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were looking for a place near the National Archives to grab a quick lunch and it was in the perfect spot. They have indoor and outdoor seating. It was very hot that day so we chose inside. The service was quick, friendly and they were always there to refill our drinks. I had the tavern club. My son and husband had the french dip. We were in D.C. for a week and had eaten at a lot of different places for lunch. This was our favorite. The food was excellent. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here for lunch, having been here twice last year. Bad mistake. First, it apparently didn't help that it was the first Sunday of the pro football season. I ordered the chicken sandwich. The chicken was overcooked and tasteless. It didn't help that there was more bread than sandwich ingredients. The one good thing was the tater tots, which cost extra. My huband did enjoy the steak sandwich and my daughter liked the sliders. Our server Allie was proficient, especially through the chaos of the football games.

I was disappointed in the place that I found worth visiting twice when we were in DC last year. Hopefully, when we visit DC again, the food here will have improved.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I had salmon for $13! It was cooked perfectly with lots of veggies and rice medley. We enjoyed the draft beer and watching the 49ers game, tennis and college football all at the same time. Totally our kind of place.
We enjoyed the fabulous, friendly service as well. We would definitely love to go back.