“Great Place for NFL Sundays”

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
Ranked #111 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Near Archives Navy Metro Station
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was in town on business but didn't want to miss my Rams play the Seahawks. By coincidence, this place is the official Seahawks fan tavern in D.C.! We had a fantastic Sunday....great lively group of fans, but gracious in defeat. The food was good for a tavern and the bartender upstairs was fast in getting you anything you wanted!

Great place to watch football!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Sports bar in in DC. Close to Metro station, close to National Art Gallery. Easy walking to lots of attractions. Good sports bar fare, quick service, crowded at lunch, overly loud music. Bathroom is on second floor - all stairs. Not a real good ADA place. Another place that does the service thing will too many people - one to seat you, one to take your drink order and may meal order, another one delivers, another clears, and yet another brings the bill.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

During our first visit to DC my husband & I saw this place on the way to the Capitol. We liked it so much that we stopped here, for lunch, on both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we sat inside (it was 88+ degrees and humid). Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. I wish I knew her name. My husband ordered the steak sandwich and I had the Shrimp Po Boy. I don't know how an authentic shrimp po boy is supposed to be prepared but what I was served was very tasty. My husband loved the steak sandwich. And we both loved the tater tots. Not over cooked but perfect.

When we stopped for lunch on Sunday, we sat outside. Our waitress wore a Seahawks jersey with the name Tat on the back. She was EXCELLENT. It was BUSY but she was pleasant to everyone and handled all the customers well. I ordered the steak burger and my husband had the steak sandwich (again). AND we had the tater tots. Everything tasted great.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced place, especially for lunch, by the Capitol, then definitely eat here!

1  Thank Elwebby
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great spot. Loud music. Big TVs. Sports jersey decor. Bathrooms upstairs. Tell them if you are in a rush or if you are with a hungry kid about to melt down and they will rush kid's order (like they did with us). Yummy chicken fingers are quick to cook. Good beef BBQ sandwich on amazing sweet yet salty roll. Nice burgers. No dirty looks if you just order water to drink with your food. Ample Caesar salad. Fun sliders. Relaxed vibe but definitely loud.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was a great place, after aloonnng day of siteseeing at the Newseum, to grab a pitcherof beer and relax outside. You can people watch, have a happy hour drink and and appetizer. Yeah, none of the food looked stellar, but if you're looking for a place to hang out outside, this is great!