“Good food”
Review of Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes - CLOSED

Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: My review: Fantastic and original Crepes, the brunch Crepes were delicious and the price was a lot less than what we thought it would be. Very friendly staff, the food was very European. This place is a must for breakfast!
Reviewed June 12, 2012

It was located near our hotel. We stopped here on our way back to it, decent prices. The food was great. If you like crepes, I recommend stopping here.

There are newer reviews for Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes

Reviewed June 5, 2012

So glad we stumbled across this place while walking back from dinner. Perfect for breakfast or desert.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great food and pleasant service. Ate here twice this week and enjoyed both meals. Great change of pace from regular breakfast places.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Saw this place from the hotel across the street, and decided to try it. I thought I was back in Paris! Espresso was perfect, and the crepes were amazing. I had blueberry/sour cream, and my husband had banana/strawberry/nutella. It was great that you can watch them make the crepes. The next night we went back to taste the gelatto. Not exactly the same as Europe, but very good indeed.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was glad to discover this little crepe place on 14th near S St NW. They make crepes to order from a menu divided into 'sweet' and 'savory'. I chose to mix the tastes with a fresh apple and cheddar combo, which was tasty and satisfying. The crepes are unusual, though, in that they are crispy rather than soft, and a bit thicker than a conventional crepe. To top off the meal or snack, Point Chaud also brews Illy coffee. Mine was a soy latte, which was passable, but I come from a town with exquisite lattes. I appreciated being able to breakfast for less than half what my hotel charged for a breakfast buffet. Service was quick and friendly. The water was free. Just don't expect gourmet standards, but for a decent, affordable, and satisfying breakfast, this place is just fine.