“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
fort worth
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The service at this hotel is very good.

Everything was clean, and within walking distance to most attractions.

The rooms are kind of small, but great for the price!

There is a restaurant next door named Cosi that serves delicious sandwiches. Check them out

We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
THE VILLAGES
Reviewed January 14, 2013

There is a Harris Teeters (spelling) a couple of doors away with meals and groceries. Hotel room is spotless. Enjoyed the stay. The metro is close by as is Union Station. There is coffee in the lobby in the morning along with hot water for tea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I didn't even stay at this hotel, however as I was on my way to work, I found myself in a situation where I was stranded. No Cash, no Credit Cards, not even my phone to order a cab. The Door men did their best to help me try and find a cab to take me to my office and then pay them when I arrived to no avail. They then directed me to the front desk. At first I was helped by Nikita who called my office, and then when the call did not go through, allowed me to use the business center so that I could contact a coworker to pick me up. Unfortunately my corporate email locked me out before I could really contact anyone. I was able to grab a number for a CoWorker, and Latoya called them for me. When they did not answer, Latoya seeing how distressed I was about the whole situation asked me where I worked and then gave me the money to take the metro to work. Rare is the day when people are so kind or so generous to each other when they have no guarantee of a reward. This goes beyond customer service. The people who work at this hotel are hands down, good people. Any company that hires such people will make a customer out of me, and you can bet your bottom I will be staying at a Hilton on my next travel.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk people. They are awesome!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel is very boutique, not you usual Hilton, being quiet small it has a unique nature about it. It is located a little out of the action however in a nice part of town, a short walk from Union Station. It is quite new and the room is very comfortable and a good size.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michaelmo2012
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hello!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please come back and see us again soon!

Rich Lingenfelter
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel has a good location, and it feels like a straight forward, no-nonsense option. They have a microwave and a coffee machine in the room, and the mini fridge is empty, so it's perfect if you want to get your own food. They have a 24h pantry at the lobby with any essencials you may need. Rooms are clean and well furnished, and the heating system is great.
Just don't rely on the vending machines and on their dry cleaning service. They have a laundry room you can use, I should have done it myself. The vending machine ate my quarters and the dry cleaners didn't send back a piece of clothing, and was not at all professional about it.
Anyway, the restaurant is great, and so is their breakfast buffet. Definetly coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello!

Thanks so much for taking time to review our new hotel! I am so happy to hear that there are so many things you enjoyed but also sorry that you experienced challenges with our laundry services. If you were not reimbursed for your missing shirt by the dry cleaning company we will be happy to do so. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle for you. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Rich Lingenfelter
Virginia Beach VA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our daughter lives a few blocks away so this hotel is very close. This Hilton Garden Inn is just fantastic is so many ways. I'll start with the staff because this is often the weakest area in a hotel but here it was the strongest. Everyone and I mean everyone on the staff was on point all the time showing us one of the most professionally run operations we have ever seen. We asked for a quiet room but for those who like excitement, request one facing the road and club across the street and you will have plenty to watch. The rooms are very neat and clean and the beds are firm and comfortable. A/C and heat worked great and there is complimentary WiFi which works exceptionally well. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and safe which are important. Having the supermarket next door is perfect. Plenty of coffee and tea in the AM, and lemonade and tea in the afternoon in the lobby. Nice sitting area on 2nd floor.

Our only issue was lack of hot water one morning but the staff told us they were fixing it and by the evening it was fine. Hey, anyone can experience a mechanical issue so we easily give them a pass on this. We parked at our daughter's apartment which is nice because parking is always an expensive option in any big metro area.

We did not eat at the hotel.

Room Tip: Like excitement? face the road, like quite? face the back or go way up.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple