“Modern hotel in great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #84 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel was new, modern and clean. The location is great although it was not very close to tourist locations. The hotel is near newly built office buildings and condos. There is a grocery store, sandwich shop and CVS within a few feet of the hotel. NoMa metro stop (red line) is behind the hotel. The staff was friendly, polite and attentive, especially Cedric at the front desk. We only ate at the hotel's restaurant once for breakfast. It waa disappointing - the bacon was burned and the omlet was not the best I've ever had. The room was spacious and clean. There was a glass shower in the bathroom but no tub. The electric bathroom mirror was a nice addition. My only issue was the bed and A/C. Although the mattress was a Sleep Number, it was very hard and very uncomfortable no matter how I attempted to adjust it. The A/C could not be lowered past 65 degrees which was frustrating when the warm got too warm. Overall a good experience for the excellent rate I received through Hotel Tonight.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hello!

I am so happy to hear you liked our new, modern hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast and have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage team. However, I am thrilled that you had a great overall experience. Come back soon!

Rich Lingenfelter

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our expectations were surpassed EVERY time we had a venue with them. We have had 4 different experiences with them and every single member of the various teams they have working in the hotel/restaurant check in and make sure that our every need has been taken care of. Working with Jim Rizzo, Lois Evans and other staff ensures that our business will return again and again...I have been so impressed that even when I need to stay in DC for personal reasons, I don't even consider going anywhere else. I feel welcomed, remembered and respected. THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: The corner rooms afford you a wonderful view but if over First St on a weekend, the nose from the Cl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Hello!

Thank you for giving the hotel such a great review. Jim & Lois are delighted to be recognized! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I visited the DC area in April for a business conference. Some of the past reviews had negative comments but I must say I have none.
The staff was phenomenal from the minute I checked in until the day I left. The room was clean and I had a beautiful Capitol view. I would recommend this location which was a short walk to the Metro and also having the Harris Teeter grocery store on the corner was great. Walked to the capitol and many of the city's attractions and monuments. Would recommend this location and will stay again on my next trip to DC.

• Stayed: April 2012
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Hello!

I am so happy you enjoyed everything about your stay and the surrounding area. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Great room, fridge and microwaive, harris teeter next door . Never had to
Eat out. Staff very friendly and helpful. Short walk to subway (no-mo station). Pool perfect size to see child while in hot tub. They provide pool towels.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks for providing such a nice review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I travel about 2.5 weeks per month and am a faithful Hilton Honors member, and this one deserves mention. Picked this one because of its AAA price and general proximity tocapital bldgs. Rooms were outstanding, and hospitality of all staff was extraordinary, vrom the maid who helped me get in the room, to the maintenance guy who volunteered to increase the water pressure in my room, to the restaurant mgr who let me use a table for a business mtg through breakfast and into lunch. The only negative is how the bathroom doors are positioned and if not shut, swing open to the walkway. (Count on hitting it late at night if you don't turn a light on.) All an all, a GREAT Hilton property.

Hello,

WOW...I am so happy that you had so many great encounters with our team. We look forward to providing you with another great experience on your next trip to DC!

Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Me and a friend recently stayed here for a few nights in early August. The pictures do not do it justice! The hotel is absolutely stunning!!! The staff was great, specifically William who helped us tremendously and was so nice! The attached restaurant was pretty and also served excellent food at a decent price. I will agree and say it is not located in the most attractive location, but that is only because there is a lot of construction. I would imagine once the area is done being built it will be a beautifully located hotel.

The only complaint I have would be the pressure in the sink. It was pitiful and borderline unusable. I ended up using the bathtub faucet for everything. I would imagine that this wasn't a problem with every room, just ours, because I haven't seen anything about it in the other reviews. It certainly wasn't something that would deter me from staying here again, it was just annoying. Oh also, the beds are very firm even when set to the softest level. This wasn't a problem for me, but if you need a soft bed be warned.

Overall I had a great stay and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful and new hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed it so much.

Hospitably,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Each time I travel to DC for business, I stay at this hotel. Lois Evans in Sales has always taken care of everything that I need. Each time I call Lois with last minute details, she has gone above and beyond to address the situation. The hotel is clean and the staff is extremely friendly. The location is great and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Good Day!

Lois was so excited to see your comments! Thank you for being loyal to us!